PDA

View Full Version : oil leaking between crankcase and cylinder

number12
07-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey guys,
After putting in a new piston, I replaced all of the gaskets, etc and reassembled everything. I have oil leaking between the crankcase and cylinder. Not much but enough that I can't leave it alone. I torqued everthing to spec and after the first hour of breakin I started to see a little oil. Should I try to loosen everything and retorque? Or am I going to have to buy a new head and base gasket and start over? Should I use a product like Honda lube or something or is that a no-no?

sm00th026
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by number12
Hey guys,
After putting in a new piston, I replaced all of the gaskets, etc and reassembled everything. I have oil leaking between the crankcase and cylinder. Not much but enough that I can't leave it alone. I torqued everthing to spec and after the first hour of breakin I started to see a little oil. Should I try to loosen everything and retorque? Or am I going to have to buy a new head and base gasket and start over? Should I use a product like Honda lube or something or is that a no-no?

Hi, The gasket should have sealed it. Something may have warped a little when you took it a part for it to leak.