PDA

View Full Version : running odd

woodsracer144
07-11-2010, 12:05 PM
ok so i got my motor all together and i had it running, ran in to som timing issues but i got that all fixxed, i was working on jetting, its a 66.4 mm bore, 76 stroke, im running a 35 mm carb and i had a 42 pilot jet with the 165 main and the clip 2nd from top. it was running great but i didnt have any idle and every now and then the very top end would get bubbled out so i thought i was lean. i assumed it was the pilot was causeing the idle problem so i put a 50 in it and then i put a 170 main in, that was way rich, so i droped the main down to a 168 and still so i put a 165 back in and it was still rich, so then i was getting annoied, so i put it back to the way it was with the 40 pilot and the 165 main. and it still wasnt running right. I noticed when i was running the 170 and 168 that when i would get on the top end it would like snap and pop and then like die but come back if i took it easy...

what should i run for a jetting? i dont have many pilots, just 50-70 and then that one 40 and 42.

If i cant get this one figured out im gonna try getting my lectron dialed in with E85.

thanks for the help