PDA

View Full Version : Polka Dots 7/17

DAVYS DAD
07-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Good luck to all,hope everyone has a safe and fun time.
See-ya at Battle Creek;)

Later
DW

kimv
07-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Good Luck to Davy and Nick in NY!!! We will see ya at BC!

Sutfin
07-12-2010, 07:07 AM
What will we do without the Woodbury crew? Good luck to Davy and Nick.

Hopefully we get a good turn out.

kimv
07-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Yeah hopefully the turn out will be good! We have never been there before.

magna-007
07-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Its a fun track. Ive ridden it in the scrambles. Not sure about the small track though. Cant picture where it would even be in there.
Do you guys know what time we should be there? Sign up and such.

kimv
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
It said on there site sign up 7 practice at 8

kimv
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
From Luke Adams regarding PolkaDots race-
All the first motos will go down and then bikes will practice to give us a break and then the second motos. Quads still not allowed to stay for practice in the afternoon. Also Sat, only no sunday for quads

#404's Dad
07-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by kimv
It said on there site sign up 7 practice at 8

Holy Moly, gonna need some Mt Dew that day to keep me going!!!

quadscrib
07-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Polka Dots was quite the place! I very much liked the track and the soft surface gave some confidence to go fast..... I sure dorked up the rythem section w/ great frequency..lol.
Despite a couple deep rut pileups it was yet another cool learing expeiriance for our little racers. Sure seems EVERYONE had fun and to the best of my knowledge noone got hurt!
The trophies were real cool too. Cant wait fer the next round!!!
Portland is running races next weekend BTW! I will not be there saturday. see ya sunday!

magna-007
07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
That was a hell of a show you and Dave put on. Both ya are gonna have to run "A" after that. :) Kids all did great. No accidents.

quadscrib
07-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Yah battling Dave was a blast, especially first moto. I sure give him credit for making up so much time the second moto! Usually not how it goes when XC guys goto MX. Very impressive!

kimv
07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah Polkda dots was a great place, very nice track! I loved that they cut the big track for the 50s! Brody loved it! He is getting better and better every race! The only thing I was not very happy with was how fast they dropped the 70s after the 90s, especially the 2nd moto! I wish they would just let them each run seperate races..oh well.

#404's Dad
07-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah Polkda dots was a great place, very nice track! I loved that they cut the big track for the 50s! Brody loved it! He is getting better and better every race! The only thing I was not very happy with was how fast they dropped the 70s after the 90s, especially the 2nd moto! I wish they would just let them each run seperate races..oh well.

Gotta agree with ya Kim, no reason they couldn't have held the 70's another minute and while we are on that one, the flagger on the track before where the pile up was should have stay'd at his post and flagged the 70's rather than ditching his post to go pull bikes apart, he also could of had his girlfriend that was in a chair next to him in the shade flag for him while he was gone but only my opinion

All in all it was a great facility with great people and great racing by all.

kimv
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Yeah real nice about the flaggers! grrrr! I had no idea what had happened until after the race, I know a kid flipped his quad, then there was a pileup? Wyatt told me some of it..who all ended up in the pileup? Wyatt must have somehow got passed it.

#404's Dad
07-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah real nice about the flaggers! grrrr! I had no idea what had happened until after the race, I know a kid flipped his quad, then there was a pileup? Wyatt told me some of it..who all ended up in the pileup? Wyatt must have somehow got passed it.

I think most of the 90s were piled up on the one of the first couple turns on lap one of moto 2 and there was no flagger to let the whole pack of 70s know, I think most all got through except mine but none the less I think flaggers in general whether it be a local or national event should pay more attention to their jobs especially when the kids are out on the track, maybe have some kind of basic training??

Sam Long hit a tree is what i was told and possibly even flipped and from what I was told it was a few before a flagger noticed.

Not at all trying to stir the pot or start crap just voicing my opinion is all.

Like I said it was a great time and we'd do it again in a heart beat!!

kimv
07-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Totally agree that there should be more flaggers during the mini quad races...and yeah basic training would help alot!!

kimv
07-19-2010, 05:24 PM
I know Wyatt was saying there was a kid that had his quad on top of him and he was trying to get from under it and no one was helping him! He did tell me that the flagger didnt even notice even though he wasnt that far from one! I wonder if that was Sam? Glad that they decided to give D14 a try...Hopefully they enjoyed themselves and Sam had fun racing a bunch of kids! There sure were alot of 90s!

#404's Dad
07-19-2010, 06:15 PM
I know Wyatt was saying there was a kid that had his quad on top of him and he was trying to get from under it and no one was helping him! He did tell me that the flagger didnt even notice even though he wasnt that far from one! I wonder if that was Sam? Glad that they decided to give D14 a try...Hopefully they enjoyed themselves and Sam had fun racing a bunch of kids! There sure were alot of 90s!

Same thing Trevor told us, not cool =(

#404's Dad
07-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Here is the flagger I was talking about . .

kimv
07-20-2010, 08:33 PM
HA! Yeah they look like great flaggers!

quadscrib
07-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Yah I ahem..."interrupted" them every lap I passed by them...lol.

magna-007
07-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Good ol volunteers....:D
That and it was like 90 that day.

magna-007
07-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Jeremy got caught in the moto 2 pile up. But he didnt make it sound like it was that big a situation. I asked him what happened. You know kids, "oh someone got stuck....."
Sounds like no one got hurt. All that counts in my book at their age. That and havin fun of course.:)

quadscrib
07-22-2010, 06:59 AM
pretty much same thing from Ollie. No big deal really. Thankfully noone hurt. It's racin...and was very fun there none the less.

kimv
07-25-2010, 03:21 PM
So I managed to get a few shots of mostly the minis..there were not many good places to stand to get the shots, so here is the link to what I got-

www.kimberlyvandykephotography.com/photocart

quadscrib
07-26-2010, 05:15 AM
You have some very cool pictures on there!!!!
How do I go about aquireing a few of them? You have a couple bad arse ones of me.