PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

jkiserracing
07-11-2010, 07:56 AM
My friend has the KTM450 (08 I think) So, last week we were at a race and the rear brake line just blew off at the caliper. We put on a new line and now we cant get the pressure in the line anymore. We have bled these things over and over and over. Sometimes we get a little bit of brake pedal but not much and then that eventually goes away. Anyone else had a problem like this with their KTM?

He has been messing with it for a week with no luck and just been using front brakes until. Ironically, last night at a race we went to one of the front brake lines broke???? Great.

FW_cArBoN
07-11-2010, 08:40 AM
First off, there has to be a reason that the rear line just blew off....Did the threads roll out or did a fitting break? If the threads in the caliper are messed up, then that would be the reason you are not able to get pressure....

Pictures?

jkiserracing
07-11-2010, 08:43 AM
No the theads are fine. Just the line itself separtated.

But no pics though. He threw the bad line away. I guess my main question was this a possible problem that may has been common with these quads. If so, what was the problem exactly. I have read a little bit about a rear brake recall.

shadd_27
10-01-2010, 01:52 AM
check to see if the rotor is bent at all that would be why you can get pedel at one point and its gone at the next i had that problem on my olf 450r but never experianced any with my ktm yet