PDA

View Full Version : 400ex makeover wont start

swood74
07-10-2010, 11:05 PM
OK so I just stripped and rebuilt a 02 400ex from the frame up. It was in 100% working order when i disasembled it. I plugged in all the wires in the wiring harness that matched, I dont have the head lights plugged in.

The neutral light comes on and when i bump the start switch I hear it clicking by the battery? It doesnt spin the starter. any ideas were to look first?

I did find two wires in the wire loom near the battery that are not hooked up but they had blue tape around them so I dont think they were used.....

sc400ex_rider
07-11-2010, 09:06 AM
If you repainted the frame, you need to sand where the frame and subframe bolt together. thats an important ground point.

swood74
07-11-2010, 03:01 PM
nailed it ...while doing the sanding noticed NO ground strap!

a4guy
07-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Ok, now that you have it figured out lets see some pictures.

swood74
07-11-2010, 09:43 PM
here is the pic!

a4guy
07-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Looks good. I like the black and green look.

swood74
07-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Details first then the cause incase you dont want to read it all.

I picked this bike up in a trade. It was yellow and ridin hard. the paint was starting to lift and get surface rust on the frame.

So we layed down a glossy bright green over a silver base. the black items we chose to go flat black. green and black flame shock covers, new meiar plastic. chain and sprockets. And I hope a new seat cover soon . our inspiration was monster energy well my step sons!

So this bike started out as a project to keep my stepson out of trouble, Somthing to work for, somthing to work on. And in the process learn mechanics and occupie his time.

This has been a great family project, Id like to thank his uncle for blasting and painting , His dad for repairing the exaust and donating some cash for odds and ends. another uncle for spending time wrenching side by side, and all my friends that just stop by and lend a helping hand. My self I donated wrench time tools, plastic, chain and spocket.....