PDA

View Full Version : 88 310r missing at half throttle

69zandar
07-10-2010, 03:09 PM
OK guys any ideas? My 88 250r with a ct pro-x cylinder has started running horrible. I rode the quad one weekend and all was well, a month later we did a dune trip and as soon as i unloaded it from the trailer it started acting up. The quad starts fine , idles fine but as soon as i started to ride the quad it would stumble, miss at about half throttle and would not accelerate at all. I brought it back thinking maybe the plug went bad, swapped it and same problem. Got the quad home and cleaned carb, replaced cdi ( had a spare ) and fired it up again. Same thing. I pulled reeds just checking things and one petal isnt closed 100% (v force 3's). I started quad in garage without the air cleaner on and while quad was idling fuel was being blown out carb. but after 1/4 throttle it went away. I rebuilt entire engine 2 years ago and the thing has been flawless. Now im thinking there may be a vacuum leak, but i dont have a leakdown tester. Plug looks rich but that may be due to miss? I dont know. Thanks for any advice!!!

1promodfan
07-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Which Carb are you running and how is it setup

69zandar
07-11-2010, 12:17 AM
38mm air stryker 50 pilot 188 main, i cant remember the needle off the top of my head but i could get it.

sandspanker
07-11-2010, 04:14 AM
I had a similar problem but mine would miss after a good warm up. ended up being the flywheel. the magnets were getting week. also it might be a possible coil breaking down.