PDA

View Full Version : dream race

mushinracing
07-10-2010, 07:29 AM
If you could have a dream series what would it be?
please go into detail

rollie
07-10-2010, 09:23 AM
probably something like the nationals but with every weekend and one week it would be MX, the next week it would be XC, so everyone would have 2 or 4 bikes. 2 day events at all of the races, you could have pitbikes, it would be all over the united states and canada, one round would be like the vegas to reno race or the baja 250, then one round would be like Montreal supercross, all the pits would have water and electrical hook ups, showers/bathrooms right at the track, every manufacturer would have a factory team there, espn would cover all of it...thats all i can think of haha

even though i would never have the money to race like 2 of these races, its a dream series right? so id have a renegade and be independenty weathly haha

race bum
07-10-2010, 09:23 AM
A few on the west side of the Mississippi River. That will never happen, but would be nice. The Texas nationals offered other people a chance to run without driving 20 plus hours.

bigbad400
07-10-2010, 09:28 AM
i only ever saw dirtbikes in this kind of race... its like an indoor arena that is motocross with big jumps, but also it has logs, rocks, tractor tires, mud, and everything you can imagine to challenge the riders ability to get through tight technical terrain. i think its called endurocross. i love the gncc and hare scrambles and woods racing but i also love the motocross track too so, why not make both into one, oh and just for a good challenge throw in a big monster hillclimb to top it all off. :macho

RSF Motorsports
07-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Scott,

ATV's really need a race series with a indoor supercross series and an outdoor motocross series with TV coverage. With out the TV coverage atv racing is going to die off.

The only other thing i can think of is having the classes just like the bikes. With a 450 pro class and for the pro-am class have a 250 lites class. Allowing 250 hybrids in this class will force the big manufacturers to start producing a competitive 250 size atv, which in the long run will allow for a production 250 lites class.

Chris
RSF Motorsports

Drewltr450
07-10-2010, 11:53 AM
^ RSF your sig says you have a ltr250. Now that sounds interesting. Have any pics?

fmfhonda250r
07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
A atv supercross series.

muddy400EX
07-10-2010, 01:52 PM
id be happy if quads were just televised on speed or espn like bikes. it would be huge for quad mx

hsr
07-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by mushinracing
If you could have a dream series what would it be?
please go into detail

More races like the ATV Open at Steel City a few years back. The pro atv guys need to run on the same weekends as the pro dirtbike nationals in front of the huge crowds to get the exposure. Lap times dont lie. The pro quad guys are very capable at running the same speeds as the bikes. We need to be on TV ,bottom line. ATV racing needs to be more affordable to the average joe if it is ever going to be popular. There should be restrictions in the B and C classes to make the quads more production oriented so it's the riders talent that's winning races, not mommy and daddys wallet. If you don't have the best chassis and suspension components there is no way that you can compete with someone that does. A stronger presence at the local level is also important. More regional qualifiers structured similar to dirtbikes leading to loretta lynns. ATV racing has been growing from the top down instead of from the bottom up. Just some thoughts, the sport needs to be saved soon before it's too late...

250raptor
07-10-2010, 04:24 PM
a series in or closer to Texas, theres not any big series down here. something with alot of xc with mx sections and obstacles.

slightlybent47
07-10-2010, 06:21 PM
That’s a good idea but the bikes will have no part of it, they don’t want quads messing up there lines. Bike riders don’t seem to like quads for some reason, and I’m not sure why, we all like to do it in the dirt, we just do it on deferent machines. I agree the exposure would be great but it will never happen.
If the aftermarket parts guys would not make it so expensive to buy performance parts it would be much cheaper.
There’s no way a 2’ slip on needs to be $350.00-400,00 dollars when I can do my whole truck exhaust for the same money.
Same with all the parts there just to expensive and add that to the price of the quad and that’s why we cant afford to race anymore.

Also if the manufactures like Honda who promotes quad racing but has yet to put a completive quad on the market that is able to compete right out of the box without putting on all the extra parts to make it competitive.

Look at the LTR they are better right out of the box then any other quad out there and that’s why there so popular.

hsr
07-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
That’s a good idea but the bikes will have no part of it, they don’t want quads messing up there lines. Bike riders don’t seem to like quads for some reason, and I’m not sure why, we all like to do it in the dirt, we just do it on deferent machines. I agree the exposure would be great but it will never happen.
If the aftermarket parts guys would not make it so expensive to buy performance parts it would be much cheaper.
There’s no way a 2’ slip on needs to be $350.00-400,00 dollars when I can do my whole truck exhaust for the same money.
Same with all the parts there just to expensive and add that to the price of the quad and that’s why we cant afford to race anymore.

Also if the manufactures like Honda who promotes quad racing but has yet to put a completive quad on the market that is able to compete right out of the box without putting on all the extra parts to make it competitive.

Look at the LTR they are better right out of the box then any other quad out there and that’s why there so popular.

Very much agreed on the LTR, and even the KTM. But yet i see people at the nationals replacing the stock swingarms, a-arms, and suspensions on the suzuki an the KTM, but why? I understand that the aftermarket suspension is better but why not embrace the fact that suzuki and ktm and yamaha have finally produced motocross capable quads off the showroom floor. I still think there needs to be restrictions in the C and B classes to level the playing field. This will make things more affordable for everyone and showcase true talent rather than someone that has more money and can afford all the aftermarket goodies.

slightlybent47
07-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Ok back on topic, if it wasn’t so expensive I would like to see an adult mini class where you have to ride a mini no greater then
90 cc and on a mini chassis. I think that would be a lot of fun.

motofreak2772
07-10-2010, 09:48 PM
My local series had an adult pit quad class one year. It was funny all the ads building their bikes and taking it serious. It would have been more entertaining if the bikes were actually fast and had decent suspension where they would be able to jump jumps.

I agree with the indoor supercross series that would be cool if we could get on to the ama supercross series it would be even better. Does anyone know if a pro quad racer could do all the sections? It would be hard to pass especially if the person who gets the holeshot rides in the middle and blocks, but as long as there is passing room and good racing there is no reason why the fans wouldnt enjoy it(dirt bikers might not like us but racing fans dont care).

A lites class wouldnt work just because of the power and the incapability of the quad. But our pro am class is equivalent to lites in terms of the riders. So that is already covered.

440racer66
07-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
My local series had an adult pit quad class one year. It was funny all the ads building their bikes and taking it serious. It would have been more entertaining if the bikes were actually fast and had decent suspension where they would be able to jump jumps.

I agree with the indoor supercross series that would be cool if we could get on to the ama supercross series it would be even better. Does anyone know if a pro quad racer could do all the sections? It would be hard to pass especially if the person who gets the holeshot rides in the middle and blocks, but as long as there is passing room and good racing there is no reason why the fans wouldnt enjoy it(dirt bikers might not like us but racing fans dont care).

A lites class wouldnt work just because of the power and the incapability of the quad. But our pro am class is equivalent to lites in terms of the riders. So that is already covered.

or race to following day the dirts there. and tv coverage. and advertising for the event.

muddy400EX
07-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by motofreak2772

the sx tracks wouldnt be the same as a bike track. it just wouldnt work, i think bikes and quads should have completely different track setups, because they are completely different machines.

tracks would just need to be wider, with less of the big jumps out of corners. if they could actually make it to where all the guys could do the jumps and be fast, it would definitely be entertaining enough to draw fans.

and quad mx just needs a big sponsor like bikes have. just looking at the 30 second girls you can tell how low quads are compared to bikes.lol 30 second girls at pro bike nationals are like supermodels with little monster energy bikinis. the girls at quad nationals looks like there pulled out of the crowd at random.

but noone will be a big sponsor for quads cause there afraid it wont get big.

but without a big sponsor it will never get big,lol. its like a chain that will never be linked together:(

motofreak2772
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
the sx tracks wouldnt be the same as a bike track. it just wouldnt work, i think bikes and quads should have completely different track setups, because they are completely different machines.

tracks would just need to be wider, with less of the big jumps out of corners. if they could actually make it to where all the guys could do the jumps and be fast, it would definitely be entertaining enough to draw fans.

and quad mx just needs a big sponsor like bikes have. just looking at the 30 second girls you can tell how low quads are compared to bikes.lol 30 second girls at pro bike nationals are like supermodels with little monster energy bikinis. the girls at quad nationals looks like there pulled out of the crowd at random.

but noone will be a big sponsor for quads cause there afraid it wont get big.

but without a big sponsor it will never get big,lol. its like a chain that will never be linked together:(
Making a whole new series from scratch would just take too much work and will probably fail in the end. Adding quads to the supercross races would be the best option. Idk how wide sx tracks are but if they make it 3 quads wide(+comfort room) then it would be fine. I dont think the dirtbikers will mind since it would just give them even more room to pass as well. As for the jumps yes obviously quads can't do everything the bikes can but if the track designers take quads into consideration they could make tracks that both quads and bikes could race on and still be challenging.

KFX450Rrider490
07-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by fmfhonda250r
A atv supercross series.

yea i have to second that... or just a stock class in every and any series, like sleds have. thats something that would undoubtly help this sport grow!

rbgnwa45
07-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Televised races in crappy Ontario 4x4 trails. Many would DNF :ermm:.

mildtowildracin
07-11-2010, 06:44 PM
nationals in and near florida, not so far north, and also some shcoolboy/supermini mod classes, like that allow 250 hybrids such as this

mildtowildracin
07-11-2010, 06:50 PM

mayno323
07-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I think the pros could ride a supercross track. That be the dream series. Quad supercross on tv!!!!

blaster99
07-12-2010, 04:57 AM
Pretty much the WPSA series. That was the best thing to happen to our sport. It branched out further than the east coast, and went up into New England, where so many racers are.

bigbad400
07-12-2010, 06:17 AM
he probably has a suzuki lt250r 2 stroke race quad. made in the 80s 90s, just like a honda 250r or a tecote 250r, a fast liquid cooled 2 stroke sport quad. the honda is a 6 speed too

or it could be hybrid:huh

but then i just dont understand why...:eek2:

QuadR8cer12
07-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by blaster99
Pretty much the WPSA series. That was the best thing to happen to our sport. It branched out further than the east coast, and went up into New England, where so many racers are.

The WPSA was a great step for quad racing and was taking the sport in the right direction. There where alot of new sponsors that stepped into the series and alot of fans that showed up at the races.

1. TV Coverage - with it comes the sponsors the sport needs and more exposure to fans and future racers

2. New ways to get amateurs involved with the nationals.

3. More Contingency for Am's

4. I would love to do FMX demo's at races. Maybe it could help bring in more spectators. If not FMX, something else needs to be done at the races to bring in more fans. Concerts, activities, factory dealer demos, something....

5. A supercross series would be great, but filling a stadium to watch quad races would be hard at this point in the sport. When ATV motocross gets the exposure and coverage it needs then it could move to a stadium series on it own. Until that happens if any stadium series where to form it would prolly have to be with something else that draws a huge crowd like monster trucks unfortunately. There is no way the quads could go on the SX tracks the bikes do. Only way you could utilize the SX stuff would maybe try to schedule a few rounds to alter the tracks after the bikes race and have a race the next day or weekend.

race bum
07-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Back to the WPSA days I think we all forget that they had the 4X4's in action. Now that is something that more people can compare to in the real world. We ran a few WPSA's races and yes it seemed like there where more people at the fence for the 4x4 stuff than the 450 stuff. It also opened the door for more manufactures to get involved. Factory Arctic Cat trucks and Can-Am where involved. That might be a way to fill more seats, and get more aftermarket stuff to the table. It was fun to watch that is for sure.

QuadR8cer12
07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
the 4x4 and sxs racing where great parts of the WPSA series

patrickj75
07-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I'd go back to old days when you had to run TT and MX to win a national championship. Plus, I'd spread out the races so they're not located out east.

QuadR8cer12
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Those days where great, but in order to win a national championship you needed to spend more money to have two set ups for one machine or have an mx and TT bike.

In this economy any extra $$ signs you throw out there scares people off quick.

gimp419
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
In the current state of the economy the only way to get ATV MX racing to grow is to do the same thing the bikes have been doing for years. Have Regional and Area qualifiers. Turn the Loretta Lynn race into a 4 day event and run 3 moto formats. The travel expenses are killing the national series. Rich kids keep winning cause they can get to the races. Well not all the Rich kids win....but if you pay attention most of the kids that travel the series and win C and then B run out of money by the time they get to A class lol and just can't run the entire series.

Run qualifiers, you could take each national race and make it a qualifier so not much would have to change.

TV coverage will never come into play as long as we only have 13-15 pros on the gate. So they need to give the top 10 in pro-am production a pro license each year. Much more appealing to sponsors and helps to clear out the pro-am class from year to year.

So I guess to answer the question, my dream series would be one that is similar to what we have but has qualifiers and allow quad racers to stop having to travel the country so we can support our local series' some.

blaster99
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by gimp419
In the current state of the economy the only way to get ATV MX racing to grow is to do the same thing the bikes have been doing for years. Have Regional and Area qualifiers. Turn the Loretta Lynn race into a 4 day event and run 3 moto formats. The travel expenses are killing the national series. Rich kids keep winning cause they can get to the races. Well not all the Rich kids win....but if you pay attention most of the kids that travel the series and win C and then B run out of money by the time they get to A class lol and just can't run the entire series.

Run qualifiers, you could take each national race and make it a qualifier so not much would have to change.

TV coverage will never come into play as long as we only have 13-15 pros on the gate. So they need to give the top 10 in pro-am production a pro license each year. Much more appealing to sponsors and helps to clear out the pro-am class from year to year.

So I guess to answer the question, my dream series would be one that is similar to what we have but has qualifiers and allow quad racers to stop having to travel the country so we can support our local series' some.

Very good points in there. We need more pros first, as well as a larger pro purse. More guys will travel if they pay more, and further back.

TNT
07-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by gimp419

Go back and look at the #’s chasing points @ MX nats Production classes between 2005-2010, 5-yrs back, you’ll see very little growth. During this era the Production “Race Ready Quad” made it’s debut (2004 to be exact) and was put into production to consolidate after market “hybrid” cost to the production line(I’d say we seen a $5,000+ cost reduction on average last 1-2 years compared to 90’s-2003), reduce it to the racer. IMO the OEM’s did their job competition helped, ATVPG and competitive series did not. The OEM realigned its business model to facility growth world wide; AMA/ATVA did not as seen in fact by the lack of growth in their series. I blame AMA(whom we pay dues to btw) since they have the experience/$ to put together a series as GIMP described, to be the industry focal, center point for such an effort. Without a healthy national/worldly production series, the race quad and series dies or has little growth as seen today by OEM’s backing out support for pro’s and funding their assembly lines/r&d, happens any business w/no market good economy or bad. I don’t buy based on results dated back to 2004 I reviewed the economy is to blame (08/09/10 bad economy is in fact a little better than 05/06/07), the current series infrastructure/series is at fault costing the racer far too much and stumping OEM investments……What good is a national champ when only ¼-1/3 of the population can afford to attend or compete.

IMO a lot has to happen to support regional qualifying and #’s to support it like bikes, further OEM cost consolidation and lean manufacturing, new product development and competition, synergy between all series preferable world wide to support a dramatic increase in funding #’s/TV rating’s/advertising at all levels.

My .02.

race bum
07-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I think one of the things holding the ATV racing back is the fact that you can not go and buy a race ready atv from the local shop in many towns across the states. I am talking mini atvs. I know that some of the minis have come a long way but you can buy 3 CR 85s for the same price as a race mini. You all know what a mod cost, sometimes up to 15 to 20 thousand. That is why I think more people go to the bike side because of the price of the atvs compared to a 65 or 85 race bike. Just think if you could go to the Honda store (I hate Honda) and buy a 4500 dollar race mini that you could have faith in and compete with things would be different in atv racing because of more people involved. That is where it starts is in the youth programs. Back to the topic I do think the WPSA was on the right track to improve atv racing. So that is what I would say needs to be looked into is what the WPSA was trying to do. Different markets like Oklahoma, North east, 4X4's SxS's etc. Maybe combine a event with the MUD Nats in some way. Have you ever seen the photos of that kind of event. There a people as far as your eye can see.

yamaguy
07-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Ok here is my thought:

We basically have 4 series running. (My appologies to Dirt Track and Super Moto guys)

East Coast we have AMA GNC and GNCC

West Coast we have WORCS and Quadcross

So let's get these four groups together and create one "World Finals" type of event someplace in the middle of the country that can accomodate both MX and an Enduro type of event.. It would be a week long and incorporate both styles of racing.

2 full days of MX and 2 full days of Endurance racing. We have qualifiers at each series with the top 5 in each class qualifying to attend. Potentially even having spots available for overseas participants as well. Combine all results for an overall world champion title.

Everyone can focus all of their energy and promotional powers on this one single event. TV coverage, Race Teams, branding etc..
Maximum Bang for their buck!!

That would be the best way to gain exposure and get the ball rolling. Once this one event is successful then we can start looking into stadiums and all the big dream ideas.

I do think class structures need to be relooked at as well to make it more affordable in general ..but racing is expensive no matter how you cut it.

blaster99
07-12-2010, 06:08 PM
What about that $100,000 quad race that was supposed to happen a few years back? Just holding one big race, attracting guys from all disciplines and televising it would be great! Maybe have an mx class, then a quad terrain class like the WPSA to accommodate both the xc and mx guys.

mildtowildracin
07-12-2010, 07:15 PM
This is what i think, we need to do just like the bikes and have an east west and maby north thing that have the top riders compete at one track at the end, just like the bikes. We also need to have qualifiers in diff parts of the u.s some north some south and some west. I think this would be the best way to do it people dont have to travel as far,

Derrick Adams
07-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't know about a series. I just don't see the economy supporting it right now.

I tell you what my dream race would be.

Three day Triathalon. Riders compete on one machine for all three events. Minimal set-up changes allowed. Tires, gearing, shock settings (but not shocks) etc.

First day is TT racing.

Second day is MX racing.

Third day is XC racing.

This would be a true racers race. The combo's would be interesting to say the least.

Lastly, I would have classes for all types of ATV's. Starting from the beginning of our sport. Classes for 3 wheelers, 2 stroke quads, Hybrids, Production Quads and UTVs.

One HUGE mecca of woodstock proportions. All the aftermarket companies set-up, evening entertainment, big BBQ, the works!

Now that would be a race to enjoy!

RosquistRacer39
07-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
I don't know about a series. I just don't see the economy supporting it right now.

I tell you what my dream race would be.

Three day Triathalon. Riders compete on one machine for all three events. Minimal set-up changes allowed. Tires, gearing, shock settings (but not shocks) etc.

First day is TT racing.

Second day is MX racing.

Third day is XC racing.

This would be a true racers race. The combo's would be interesting to say the least.

Lastly, I would have classes for all types of ATV's. Starting from the beginning of our sport. Classes for 3 wheelers, 2 stroke quads, Hybrids, Production Quads and UTVs.

One HUGE mecca of woodstock proportions. All the aftermarket companies set-up, evening entertainment, big BBQ, the works!

Now that would be a race to enjoy!
They used to do this it was the atv olympics. And I think it would be a blast.

One of the main problems now days is the bike itself. The 450 is its own worse enemy. They cost a ton to rebuild and seem to break parts very easily, which in turn takes money away from racers so they cannot afford to race. I think if the manufactures were able to release a production 2-stroke bike it would help out a ton as far as cost is concerned. But thats off the subject.

I agree though there needs to be qualifying races as stated above.

motofreak2772
07-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
The WPSA was a great step for quad racing and was taking the sport in the right direction. There where alot of new sponsors that stepped into the series and alot of fans that showed up at the races.

1. TV Coverage - with it comes the sponsors the sport needs and more exposure to fans and future racers

2. New ways to get amateurs involved with the nationals.

3. More Contingency for Am's

4. I would love to do FMX demo's at races. Maybe it could help bring in more spectators. If not FMX, something else needs to be done at the races to bring in more fans. Concerts, activities, factory dealer demos, something....

5. A supercross series would be great, but filling a stadium to watch quad races would be hard at this point in the sport. When ATV motocross gets the exposure and coverage it needs then it could move to a stadium series on it own. Until that happens if any stadium series where to form it would prolly have to be with something else that draws a huge crowd like monster trucks unfortunately. There is no way the quads could go on the SX tracks the bikes do. Only way you could utilize the SX stuff would maybe try to schedule a few rounds to alter the tracks after the bikes race and have a race the next day or weekend.
Well more fans go watch supercross races then nationals for the bikes so it would be the same for the quads. National tracks are usually far away and sitting all day in the sun to watch races isnt what spectators call fun. Supercross races are held in big cities and is all glittered up so everyone enjoys it. They have hot monster enrgy girls running around, fire works to hypen things up, an anouncer with an overly excited voice and all that other jazz. Quads could capitalize on this if we can get in with the bikes. Ive never been to a supercross race but I imagine the racing is pretty short only being two main events so letting quads race would only add another 30 minutes to the event and more racing for the fans to watch. If it turns out to be a big hit our pros will finally start making money and sponsors will even be putting money into our sport. I just dont know if quads can ride supercross tracks. I think it could work, but then again Im pretty optomistic. Obviously gearing and suspension changes would have to be done but I think it is definatley something ama should consider just to help our sport.

mxduner
07-13-2010, 12:03 AM
If the manufacture's were all involved, they could combine the bike nationals with the quads. That way they could combine machines and equipment in their haulers and such. Then we could 'scoop up' on the advertisers and publicity. current mx schedule runs only saturdays. We could practice friday and race after the two bike classes, thus eliminating ruining the bikes lines and ruts.

also the problem with running stock or near stock machines is they will not attract as many spectators. simply because the laps will not be quite as fast, or should i say not catch as much air. idk.

and forget about getting the man's to build a strung out lites bike. They don't put much into the current machines as it is. imho. that will just cost everybody top to bottom more money. JUST like a hybrid will.

jesseweaver
07-13-2010, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by mayno323
I think the pros could ride a supercross track. That be the dream series. Quad supercross on tv!!!!

no that would get ugly. i dont think you guys realize how gnarly sx tracks are

KingpinsEx
07-13-2010, 05:48 AM
How about any race series that is televised?! The WPSA was great and something like that needs to start up again, but not compete with the nationals. They need FULL support from the racers, factories, and fans for anything to succeed, I believe that is why so many pros ran the WPSA. Bottom line the factories need to step up instead of back out!

They need to follow the lines of the WPSA with the utility racing to bring in a larger fan base and expose them to the excitement of atv motocross. I am sure alot of guys who ride utilities watch bike races on tv, they just need to get the exposure.

But in my opinion even the bikes have a long way to go. 1 hour to showcase a pro outdoor nationals with commercials, just does not cut it. I would like to see a nascar style event with pre-race reports, rider interviews, ect. And how about showing the whole first moto instead of high-lights? The one hour format for supercross seems to work okay, but they are shorting the outdoor series. Plus the longer it runs the more advertising $$ can be brought in, thus the growth continues.

motofreak2772
07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
I dont think you are giving the pros enough credit. If they were to be able to race sx then they would all start practicing sx and eventually figure everything out.

trompen542
07-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I think we need a pro, and pro lites supercross series, if the tracks are as wide as the bikes, we could adapt. The quads can ride pretty much the same tracks as the bikes, we ride with a pro supercross bike team, and can do 99% of the jumps, and have set up our quad for the whoops and tighter turns, just like they do. I think if we are going to go main stream, we have to get the average guy involved, and put on a good show and the rest will follow. There would have to be a large advertising campaign, not like the ama puts a 2x2 sign by the track, but like the bikes do, real event info available to the public for at least 2 weeks prior to the events. To go way back, the mickey thompson series was successful, with a lot of the right ideas about how to get the crouds to come. Also the montreal supercross they have bikes, quads, and sxs, which has been very successful.

mushinracing
07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
if you had a regional how far would you drive? how far is to far for a regional?

Balaz_73*00
07-14-2010, 12:51 PM
5-6 hrs

250raptor
07-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Lol 5-6 hours is nothing. I drive at least 5-8 for all my races and it is just a local series

QuadJunkies
07-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by 250raptor
Lol 5-6 hours is nothing. I drive at least 5-8 for all my races and it is just a local series
We average 15-17 to alot of ours ..:ermm:
The only one close is 8 hours .

TV time is EXPENSIVE . Id love to see our sport on a good channel ,not on some channel thats a "part time " channel that one knows about or cant view . IT would be nice to see someone with a FAT wallet throw our sport into a channel thats gets good views.. dont know if we will ever it that happen though .:(
Ive seen some prety cheesy stuff on Speed,just cant figure out why we cant have a stab at it .:ermm:

mildtowildracin
07-15-2010, 12:42 PM
if it was a good series with a virety of classes including hybrid... i would say 5-8

muddy400EX
07-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver

thats what i was thinkin, i still think they would need there own track and own series or it wouldnt work

they could still make it a great track tho, just designed for quads. one thing quads can do that bikes cant is powerslides. if they had a huge nascar like turn in every sx race that would be sweet to watch. and they can still have big jumps, just move them out farther from the turns.

muddy400EX
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We average 15-17 to alot of ours ..:ermm:
The only one close is 8 hours .

thats friggin insane! lol

i give you props for being that committed, but damn thats gotta get expensive!

mushinracing
07-16-2010, 10:09 AM
where would be great tracks to hold regional events? southwest northwest, south central, north east, south east, mid west. tracks must have plenty of spectator parking. and close to a big city

dehner47
07-16-2010, 10:16 AM
where would be great tracks to hold regional events? southwest northwest, south central, north east, south east, mid west. tracks must have plenty of spectator parking. and close to a big city

im taking it Mushin Racing is attempting/thinking of puting on a race or possible a whole series?? is it safe to say that with the questions your asking??

QuadJunkies
07-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
thats friggin insane! lol

i give you props for being that committed, but damn thats gotta get expensive!
I cannot even tell you how expensive haha!
we stress each month how were going to make it ,especially with We had to take all of last year off due to job loss ,even with a fresh start this year its been tough . I hope we get a better fix of venues next season , with my Daughter moving up a class next year it would be nice to see how shes finishes having to not miss any rounds .

trompen542
07-16-2010, 01:25 PM
where would be great tracks to hold regional events? southwest northwest, south central, north east, south east, mid west. tracks must have plenty of spectator parking. and close to a big city You could use some of the same tracks, that are used now, and have been used in past nationals, like red bud, oak hill, unadilla, millville, macon Ga., steel city,glen helen,they have all proven to be national quality tracks,and there are plenty more around that we have been to, all over the country. Here in mi, we have quite a few besides red bud also.

250raptor
07-16-2010, 01:56 PM
well they have series on the west coast and east coast, but what about us in the center? I think we should have a series in between the two

fastredrider44
07-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I don't know how much sweeter it could be than it is. I haven't experienced everything to know what everything is like. I'm itchin to run a WORCS sometime, or something of that nature. Main thing is this is one expensive hobby, and nothing will change that, stock class or not.

jesseweaver
07-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by trompen542
I think we need a pro, and pro lites supercross series, if the tracks are as wide as the bikes, we could adapt. The quads can ride pretty much the same tracks as the bikes, we ride with a pro supercross bike team, and can do 99% of the jumps, and have set up our quad for the whoops and tighter turns, just like they do. I think if we are going to go main stream, we have to get the average guy involved, and put on a good show and the rest will follow. There would have to be a large advertising campaign, not like the ama puts a 2x2 sign by the track, but like the bikes do, real event info available to the public for at least 2 weeks prior to the events. To go way back, the mickey thompson series was successful, with a lot of the right ideas about how to get the crouds to come. Also the montreal supercross they have bikes, quads, and sxs, which has been very successful.

haha which pro supercross team do you ride with? i promise you you aren't doing 99% of the jumps of a pro sx track. there are VERY few pro level sx tracks open to the public in the country. videos or its not true!