PDA

View Full Version : need help with new exhaust

eotrx400ex
07-10-2010, 01:21 AM
i recieved my new LEXX slip on today figured i'd take the mid pipe off the yoshi so i can mount it fo the header after i finish putting the top end together....and no! it doesn't fit in to the new exhaust:mad: so does a yoshi RS3 come with the whole thing up to the stock header? yes it is the stock header. even with the adapter that the LEXX comes with makes it to small an with out it its to big. any advice?

a4guy
07-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Did you buy it new? If it was designed for your quad and you have the stock head pipe on there it should fit. I would call your supplier.

eotrx400ex
07-10-2010, 08:41 AM
yes brand new in the box.. and there isn't ANY info on the sheet that came with the system that gives a number and i haven't been able to find a web site. i'm guessing the mid pipe i have is part of the yoshamira's and thats why its not working??

eotrx400ex
07-10-2010, 08:50 AM
FYI its a Rocky mountain ATV exhaust.. so they don't only just sell them

CJM
07-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Are you missing the large donut style spacer for it? The lexx midpipe is to fat and needs a special spacer made of aluminum that comes with it.

I got so annoyed at mine cause that and silicone are the only things holding it on that I put a muffler clamp on there to be sure its on!

I also had to heat and BASH the crap out of the midpipe mounting bracket cause its off center and makes the midpipe only go onto the header like an inch or two.

What do you want for less than 200 bucks tho lol..

a4guy
07-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Lets see a picture of exactly what you guys are dealing with. If I spent $200 on anything I demand some sort of quality.

CJM
07-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by a4guy
Lets see a picture of exactly what you guys are dealing with. If I spent $200 on anything I demand some sort of quality.

I wish I had pictures, but of course the quads at my buddys house being worked on for other stuff.

Basically the muffler itself for the cash is super nice, can changed the tip and stuff. It connects to a mid pipe with springs nicely too.

Then you have the midpipe and instead of it being made for the end of the 400ex header its literally 2 inches in diameter and comes with an aluminum insert to act as a spacer for the header to the midpipe.

EXCEPT (at least in my case) the damn header and midpipe connection is to dang short! If I hadnt beaten the bracket that connects to the lower frame and midpipe it woulda barely fit over the header-like an inch or so. On mine it kept causing an exhaust leak cause all thats holding it on is that stupid adapter and silicone. I even made sure to use the super duper copper exhaust gasket maker silicone too thats super vibration resistant (or so it says) and my pipe kept coming loose.

So what I did finally after trying to make it work was slap a 2 inch exhaust clamp on there and it aint moved since. course getting the seat on sucks now but Im happy. If I hadnt done that I was gonna take the header off and have it expanded at a muffler slop, cut splines in the midpipe and make it a perfect fit then use an exhaust band clamp to hold it.

eotrx400ex
07-10-2010, 11:17 PM
CJM the aluminam adapter you speak of is in the mid pipe...after looking at a picture of a RS-3 system i found out thats what mine is..a full yoshimura system..so now i'm hoping hellbound racing will take it back. monday i'm going to get in touch with yoshimura an see if i can buy some parts to fix my current system.
As for the LEXX system it looks very well built!

CJM
07-10-2010, 11:41 PM
eotrx400ex such a shame man, I hope you can get parts.

I had a full system on mine when i bought it, but the muffler was gutted and BEAT UP. Still got it, but aint NO ONE have the DMC alien/duncan duals anymore. Im happy with the lexx tbh, not to loud but sounds good and for the price and what i did I felt it was worth it.