PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it?

mx Eli
07-09-2010, 11:27 PM
This quad is located close to where I live and I wanted your opinions on if it's a good deal or not

he say's he has all record's from motor work and the shocks are set for close to my weight and are hi/lo speed, rebound and preload adjustable

I think I would offer 4500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300444293392&viewitem=

thanks for your help!:p

airmobile101
07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I think $4500.00 is fair,but I like $4000.00 better. For someone that put all that money into the engine, you would think he would have upgraded the case saver from stock!

mx Eli
07-09-2010, 11:57 PM
yea I know I like to take the plastic part off then pc the actual metal case saver

06 Honda 450R
07-10-2010, 12:05 AM
it looks like he peiced it all together... nothing matches, the rotors are different from front to back... break lines, just sayin, im sure all the parts are good... just doesnt match

Ichoptop
07-10-2010, 11:23 AM
metal case savers do not save cases. go for a nice thick plastic one that will take a chain beating without snapping off.

and for someone that says he has $25,000 wrapped up in a machine....I dont think I would trust very much. Quads are expensive to mod but 25gs is a very bloated price.

airmobile101
07-10-2010, 01:18 PM
That thing needs a UPP or Moose case saver. The poly one that slips onto your shifter. It still say only offer $4000.00 I just don't understand how you can dump all that money into a engine and don't even upgrade the case saver. Geeaazzzzzzzz.........

Butter
07-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I give the f**k up...

DnB_racing
07-10-2010, 02:00 PM
I agree the quad is decent, but with the economy $4000 is all he will get unless he waits till next tax return season!

D Bergstrom
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Butter
2 gusset kits it going to make that frame so stiff, its going to break. They need to flex a certain amount. Plus I know with the BARE kit you gotta notch out a few gussets to take the bike apart. With 2 kits, it will probably never come apart.

Huh? I have installed two Bare gusset kits and I didn't have to notch anything, I can pull my quad down to the frame no problem. I can see whay he installed the LSR kit also. The Bare kit is pretty minimal, I still had some problems with cracking. I just bought a new frame and installed a Teixeira Tech kit, but my other 450R still has a Bare kit and I would like to get another Teixeira Tech kit and install it on that frame in addition to the Bare kit. The Teixeira kit included gussets for areas that cracked with just the Bare kit. I am sure this is why both kits were installed on this quad, better coverage of known crack areas. Even with both kits installed, it will still be no problem pulling the quad apart.

You guys are going to seriously bust this guy for having a stock case saver? Man you guys must be nitpicking. I ran a stock case saver for years and never had a problem, it not like you "need" to have a new case saver. The best idea is not to even have your chain break in the first place. I switch my chains out once a year on my race 450R so hopefully I never have to test the case saver.

I don't know, I think what he is asking is a decent price for what it is. Who cares if nothing is matching, not like everything has to match to work together. Of course, hard to tell from pics, only you can decide how nice it is if you go look at it. I would never buy a quad from just looking at pics, I want to see it in person so I can look it over real well. All in all, it is you who has to decide how much it is worth to YOU. YOU are the one who has to live with your decision.

Doug

airmobile101
07-10-2010, 03:26 PM
You guys are going to seriously bust this guy for having a stock case saver? Man you guys must be nitpicking. I ran a stock case saver for years and never had a problem, it not like you "need" to have a new case saver. The best idea is not to even have your chain break in the first place. I switch my chains out once a year on my race 450R so hopefully I never have to test the case saver.
Not nick picking at all. Just don't think its a wise choice with all the engine work that guy has done. It additional insurance IMO regardless if you change you chain once a year or not.

JAKE YATES
07-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I run a aftermarket case saver with the stock plastic cover also to keep from getting anything near the sprocket. this guy may have been doing the same, its a nice bike but i bet its rougher in person, but if its what your looking for it would be worth a drive to look at.