PDA

View Full Version : Chain !!!

Outlaw6;=-
07-09-2010, 07:10 AM
I had bought a DID 520 x-ring chain a year and half ago. I still had half to go on the tension before it was to it's max when i installed the 558 big bore kit with hotcams and within to runs i had it stretched to the max. I was wondering if anybody has found a chain that is holding up and not stretching. Also i use the pj1 blue and was wondering maybe it was not keeping the temp down on the chain?
I emailed DID themselves and they didn't reply to me.Thanks for any advice u can give me guys.

VToutlaw
07-11-2010, 04:45 PM
i think that maybe you should try a new chain and sproket set, its hard to belive that a good 520 chain wouldnt hold up. guys are converting to 520's on 120hp street bikes to save weight and they are handling that kinda power ok. i know that they arent getting used in the mud and sand but the chain still sees alot of abuse.

09RappySe
07-11-2010, 07:25 PM
I use the DID 520 ERT2 Chain, it has been on almost a year now with 70+ hp and lots of drag racing with little to no stretch.

Dirtjunkie85
08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I've got a DID also and i had to tighten it after my first ride with it and after that it hasn't stretched any. Never heard of a DID keep stretching after the first one.