PDA

View Full Version : Cuts out When jumping?

mustangguy6703
07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I have an 05 with an HRC kit with the high end cam or stage two cam, its jetted and has a Yosh pipe also. It runs awsome but it cutts out when jumping. Whats the best fix for it and what can i do to help it. Is there anything else i can do that will make it run better for a few dollars. I dont want to spend a bunch but any ideas would be appriciated.

Briantrx1
07-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by mustangguy6703
I have an 05 with an HRC kit with the high end cam or stage two cam, its jetted and has a Yosh pipe also. It runs awsome but it cutts out when jumping. Whats the best fix for it and what can i do to help it. Is there anything else i can do that will make it run better for a few dollars. I dont want to spend a bunch but any ideas would be appriciated.
Do you have a kill switch? if so look at that a wire could be loose and wold cause it to cut out.

fastredrider44
07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Check your airboots and make sure the carb is tight.

mustangguy6703
07-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I dont think its the carb boot or anything like that. I dont have a kill switch but it seems to be in the carb itself and i have heard these carbs do that. It does it when i get ready to hit the gas when i land and it just seems like the gas is sloshing a bit in the bowl. Is there any kind of fix for that?

DnB_racing
07-14-2010, 08:23 PM
if your talking about the accelerator bog on an fcr carb there are things to do!

smaller leak jet, or adjustable one.

accelerator diaphragm stud modification and o-ring mod to the linkage any or all of these will affect the "BOG"

goggle for lots of info

IOWAracer
07-19-2010, 12:22 AM
May check your coil mine had a loose connection and was causing that...

BB

400exrider707
07-19-2010, 03:31 PM
05's don't have FCR's unless he put one on.

Our race bikes used to do this all the time and when the 450's first came out the fix some of the original guys did was to run the petcock on reserve all the time. We always did that and never had any more issues. We had one 05 that always did this out of 5 or 6 of them. That actually cured it. I still don't understand how or why.

On EDIT: Does it do when going off a jump or landing or?

I also had mine cut out a few times in practice rolling up jumps and landing and here and there. Come to find out my CDI had bounced out of it's rubber holder under the hood and was dangling by the wires. It didn't come completely disconnected but it was enough to disrupt electrical flow (obviously since it was cutting out), pushed it back together nice and tight and zip tied it back in place.

DnB_racing
07-19-2010, 03:43 PM
ya i know the 05 doesn't have the fcr, but his symptoms sound kinda like the +06 carb problems??