PDA

View Full Version : holeshot gncc

bean2080
07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
how do these tires compair to razr 2's wear wise? i have had mx holeshots before and i was not happy at all with the way they wore, i have had my razr 2's for years and they wore extreamly well.

i do mainly xc riding but my practice track is about 2 miles down the highway and sometimes i just take the road on the quad, i just dont want these tires to wear fast like my previous itp tires.

razr 2's are kind of the old school tire and i was just wanting to try something new if these tires hold up.

thanks for the help!

DnB_racing
07-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Im riding om H/S GNCC now and love them the only wear is from the few roads that they have been rode on. If you use them as they are intended to be used they will last a long time, ride them on roads and they wont last a season, keep of the pavment and youll love them!!
In soft sand they suuck sink right down!!

fastredrider44
07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
The Razr2 wears extremely well, better than the GNCC.

K-Dub
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Wear decent in dirt or mud. Asphalt or clay shreeds them. I run them when I know Im not gonna be on either and love them, have an different set of tires for hard terrian.

bean2080
07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
thanks for the replys guys, i might shop around a little more for tires. the gncc's dont really sound like they will work the best for me.

does anyone recomend another good XC type tire? one of my buddies has the kenda kutter and im not completly sold on them yet, seems like he is always getting a flat tire. just looking for some different options.

curryd
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I have had the GNCC's on for 3.5 years. Great tire for riding the XC terrain. I would have to agree with DnB racing. Not a great tire in the soft sand from a stand still. They want to dig in instead of driving forward. This is only from a stand still though. My trails are 75% sand and they work gret when motoring the tight trails. Great in the hard pack and clean out really well if you ride in mud. I would say I have a little over half the tread left yet. Extremely tough. Never had a puncture or tear out of the tires.

Wayner
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
Im riding om H/S GNCC now and love them the only wear is from the few roads that they have been rode on. If you use them as they are intended to be used they will last a long time, ride them on roads and they wont last a season, keep of the pavment and youll love them!!
In soft sand they suuck sink right down!!

Totally agree. The GNCC tires are not made for holeshots in the sand. However, I've had good results with Holeshot XCRs. Seem to be a good tire for most every trail situation I've been in. Hook well and seem to be quite durable.

Fast470r
07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
I have them on the front and they steer out of the ruts really well and I have HDs on the back great stright foward traction but dont slide very well

MrcsBud2
07-14-2010, 05:58 PM
I have heard only good things about the kenda kutters. Best combo imo is the rzr rears and rzr2's up front. They run good in the east and out here in the west the run great