PDA

View Full Version : good place to ride in southern oregon/ncal?

EricB
02-02-2003, 09:30 PM
im sorta tired of riding arround my area here or at least the places i know. does anyone have any sugestions? other than john's peak?

QuadJunkies
02-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by EricB
im sorta tired of riding arround my area here or at least the places i know. does anyone have any sugestions? other than john's peak? well, where all have you already ridden so we can narrow it down?;)

CBW
02-03-2003, 07:18 AM
If i were you i would be spending all my riding time at the oregon dunes:D :confused2

QuadJunkies
02-03-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS
If i were you i would be spending all my riding time at the oregon dunes:D :confused2 LOL... I agree...ERICB~~ well im assuming you have rode at Winchester, Florence,coos bay..ect???

EricB
02-03-2003, 05:39 PM
ya hehe...i would probably be saying the samething you guys are but it's about a 7 or so hour trip there and back (all driving time). so it's not like i can get off work and goto the dunes, damn i wish!

i've rode medco shop all arround bute falls um white city ponds wagner/anderson and mt ashland area. those are pretty much the only places i can think of. oh also up by dead indian, like shale city and the surroundings.i kinda really doubted that there was anyone who know a place i didn't but if there is please tell me hehe.

QuadJunkies
02-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by EricB
ya hehe...i would probably be saying the samething you guys are but it's about a 7 or so hour trip there and back (all driving time). so it's not like i can get off work and goto the dunes, damn i wish!

i've rode medco shop all arround bute falls um white city ponds wagner/anderson and mt ashland area. those are pretty much the only places i can think of. oh also up by dead indian, like shale city and the surroundings.i kinda really doubted that there was anyone who know a place i didn't but if there is please tell me hehe. Sorry man. im outs ideas here..good luck..;)

MNTNMAN
02-04-2003, 10:16 AM
There are a lot of trails west of Keno out around topsy resevior. A little bit longer of a drive, but there aren't alot of people like john's peak.

EricB
02-04-2003, 03:33 PM
topsy resivoir hu? never really heared of it, unless we call it something differnt. where abouts is that? there are lots of cool places to ride up there.

damn i thought i had replied to this, i guess not.

MNTNMAN
02-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Topsy is on hwy 66 about 5 miles east of Keno. Has been called john boyle res. too. Just about any where there is a place to park, there is a trail taking off from there. If you can't find a trail, just ride down the power lines till you find one. There is nothing really to tough to ride, but some of the trails are too narrow for quads, but you can almost always find a way around.

JOEX
02-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Christmas Valley? I've never been there or know much about it but there is riding there.

Joe

EricB
02-09-2003, 10:09 PM
yeah i've heared of christmass valley, i'm supposed to go there sometime in a few months. i'll let you guys know.

anyhow, for the fellow oregon riders just so you know johns peak is the shiznit. if you like to ride, fast agressive well maintained trails this is the place. i would say the difficulty level is from experinced to pro, honestly hehe. the property is owned and maintained by the AMA. like there is some pretty big jumps and some whoops sections and stuff. but mostly hill climbs and just tight technical trails. you can ride anything up there too, dirtbikes quads and mtn bikes. the mtn bike people are ussaly just crazy downhill guys that show up people on 250s hehe. sometimes there is a lot of people up there but ussaly its not to bad. they have poker runs and i think harescrambles too. but a couple of us went up there in a CJ5 ( you can aslo 4wheel with vehicles too, it's an offroad park type place kinda) and drove down all the trails and stuff. tons and tons of trails for miles it's pretty bad.

i've personaly never seen a GNCC track, but i would say that some of these trails could at least be damn good GNCC practice, even though the west coast doesn't have it =((((

JOEX
02-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Johns Peak...

Where is this place at? Is there a web site with info?

Joe

MNTNMAN
02-10-2003, 10:45 AM
http://www.motorcyclesnw.com/OffRoadRidingAreas/Oregon.Riding.Areas.Home.htm (riding spots)

EricB
02-10-2003, 11:12 AM
where are you other oregon guys from? we have a pretty small riding group. me my dad and 4 of my friends. we go riding about every weekend. they goto the coast a lot but i haven't yet.

JOEX
02-10-2003, 11:25 AM
MNTNMAN..Thanks for the link :)
http://www.motorcyclesnw.com/OffRoadRidingAreas/Oregon.Riding.Areas.Home.htm

Oregon City / Molalla
I don't get to ride much at all:( due to conflicting work scheduals. And i'm still waiting for my axle to get here. That should ghange soon, i hope!
Go to the Oregon Dunes as soon as you get a chance...you'll be hooked:D

Joe

EricB
02-10-2003, 11:56 AM
yeah thats what i've been told. i'm supposed to get a set of 8 paddle haulers for about 75 dollars from one of my riding buddies. but my friend jason just bought a CR500 crate motor to stick in his 300ex frame...LOL it's going to be nuts. he at least told me thats whats going on, i know it sounds crazy but this kid is crazy. when he gets arround to doing it i'll post some pictures and stuff.

but yeah, wollola is eastern oregon by like bly (sp? sorry hehe) and paisley and stuff? or is that in another area? i wanna take a trip to eastern oregon this summer and do some "desert" riding hehe. i just wanna rail across the flat openness. should be pretty fun.

JOEX
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Molalla is south of Oregon City which is south of Portland. Your thinking of Wallowa (sp:p ) which is in NE Oregon. That area is actually very mountanous...they call it the little Alps or something like that. I've been over there once a few years ago on a hunting trip, nice area:)
Central, Eastern, and Southeastern Oregon are the desert areas and I would like to ride those spots as well;)
Look through the link MNTNMAN posted, well the one i posted for more info.

Joe

MNTNMAN
02-11-2003, 09:37 AM
I'm in Central Point. Don't have much time to ride between hunting seasons and work. If everthing goes right, I am meeting some buddies at sand lake this weekend, but I still might have to work Saturday.

There is also a lot of trails up around Prospect, but you really should have a map, I get lost easy. They used to have them at GI joes or you can get them at the ranger station up there, or the BLM office in Medford. Most of the trails are that though, but there are a few good ones.

EricB
02-11-2003, 01:44 PM
i think i have a BLM map of prospect, i'm not sure. well it's the butte falls area, but i think some of it encompases prospect. yeah thats also what i've been told by another buddy is that prospect has some pretty good trails too.

but damn i need to get some new skids really bad. the stock piece of plastic and the other joke is already torn to ****.

MNTNMAN
02-11-2003, 03:43 PM
PRM gives a discount to locals, and I can't seem to break their skids. Their shop is off of Table Rock, just pass 4 corners.

Dextreme
02-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Molalla huh? Isn't that where that buckaroo thing is every year?

I venture up in the hills not too far from Molalla on Hillock Burn rd. I have also ridden up above Colton in the hills. But mostly I ride a Sand Lake.

If you guys are looking for "local riders"...you should check out the Sand Lake Duners forum.
;)

JOEX
02-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Sand Lake Duners...i'm a member there...I think:confused: i'll have to make sure;)

I've been up Colton way a couple of times...would like to find some more open areas;)

Where is Hillock Burn rd. ? That doesn't ring a bell. We've been riding up off Sawtell road for over 20 years:)

Joe

JOEX
02-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MNTNMAN
PRM gives a discount to locals, and I can't seem to break their skids. Their shop is off of Table Rock, just pass 4 corners.
How local do you have to be? I'd be willing to drive a bit for a good deal on their products...

Joe

EricB
02-11-2003, 09:07 PM
damn, www.prm-atv.com these guys even have a good website. hehe i was thinking about PRM, damn would have i felt like an idiot if i got some skids outa RMATV. i'm gonna have to go down there this weekend, or something.