PDA

View Full Version : shipping quads

steckidz
07-07-2010, 07:38 PM
got some quads for sale ,got a possible sale i'm on Wis/Il. border guy in Georgia wants to buy,but were getting high quotes on shipping, any cheaper ways?

JOHNDOE83
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM
you could always break it down and ship it piece by piece.

but that takes work.

what kinda quotes are you getting for shipping?

if you break it down to make it fit in a smaller crate.

remove wheels, a arms, swinger, plastics, handle bars, make it fit in a compact area, making the crate smaller.....will the cost be lower?

normal freight is like $250 right???

the crate build will be easy, but youll have to come out of pocket, make the buyer pay for it if he has the money.

steckidz
07-08-2010, 06:25 PM
yea I thought of that,lot of work,got some quotes door to door from 470 to 600 shipping quad as is. told buyer i'd lower price 200 to comp delivery cost I'd like to move quads a.s.a.p. trying to raise money to buy national quad & pick up at redbud.by the way these are mini quads,thanks for input,scott

madsmokey12
11-25-2010, 06:43 PM
i just bought a Quad of Ebay and the guy charged me $199 for Shipping and $75 for Crate Fee. only **** Part is i gotta go pick it up at The Main Shipping office

DEVINF450R
02-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by steckidz
yea I thought of that,lot of work,got some quotes door to door from 470 to 600 shipping quad as is. told buyer i'd lower price 200 to comp delivery cost I'd like to move quads a.s.a.p. trying to raise money to buy national quad & pick up at redbud.by the way these are mini quads,thanks for input,scott

if you race nationals, the first one is in Georgia so you may be able to find someone willing to haul it down there for you, or you can see if its cheaper to ship to a main office instead of to his home