PDA

View Full Version : Unadilla 50cc Track

ATVMXN 4 FUN
07-07-2010, 05:03 PM
What can be done about the cut 50 track ? The 50cc sr will have right at 1min. laptimes. Travel all that way to run 1min. laps. There is only 2 jumps small table tops. Help!!!!!

quadrider79
07-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Look at it this way. It's not going to be as long as when you traveled to MN. Also, you already know that your son will be racing on part of a National track.

ATVMXN 4 FUN
07-07-2010, 06:39 PM
We were not told .prior to MN. that we would be running a pee-wee track. we did have 2min lap times. I just wish they could do something for us. By the time you go the way they make you walk they have completed a lap before you can get where you can see.There is nothing on that track to seperate riders {whoops,rythem section just 2 small table tops}. I am just fishing for ideas to make this a better track for us.

EthansDad
07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Is this the same promotor that does red bud? I agree that it really sucks to travel to a famous top caliber track only to be sent to the scrub track out back that no one watches. Also I've seen your boy ride and like most of the top 50 riders need something technical to use their skills. Otherwise it's just a motor drag race, and frankly from what I watched at red bud last year very unsafe for kids that quick to run on a small track.

The folks at red buds excuse last year was this (50s) were an entry level track and they needed to make it ridable for entry level kids. No regard for nat level riders or folks vested in the series or needed a good run to finish out the points.

If you want to get a email drive to these folks, let's get it going. Find out who we need to talk with and let's get the 50 parents to start messaging them now.

EthansDad
07-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Check your private messages mr. Hopkins.

ATVMXN 4 FUN
07-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I Checked my pm and responded. I am sorry if i confused you but we do run the large track but it is cut very short. Very much a holeshot drag race track for 50sr.Check e score laptimes from last year very short and little position changes.

redonkulousruntsracing
07-08-2010, 11:00 AM
You run the same track as the pros. Its cut off at the apple tree, up by the VIP tent, then up to the top section. You still have Gravity Cavity to contend with. And by the way, U-2 is an awesome second track the we run all of the district races at. My sons favorite 2 tracks of the year at 1 place.

ATVMXN 4 FUN
07-09-2010, 07:19 AM
I guess that the for the locals and begginers this is a great cut track. As for us it is truly a joke . Really it is bad the gravity cavity is a short down and up. 2 table tops {small} 1 min lap. I do believe everyone will see how great this track is by the number of riders that will be there. I hope alot of locals show up if not we will be racing alone. LET THE 50 SR. ON THE FULL TRACK.

121dad
07-09-2010, 08:27 AM
:bandit: :cuss:

redonkulousruntsracing
07-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Seriously, if you think your better than us locals, then call Jill or Greg Robinson, the owners of Unadilla and tell them what you think or just dont go, but complaining on here wont get you anywhere!!

mushinracing
07-09-2010, 08:55 AM
that rider is the best 50sr rider in the country look at lap times they should speak for there selfs, plus go to dream race and list your concerns if you want bigger tracks for the 50 classes

121dad
07-09-2010, 04:36 PM
:rolleyes:

DAVYS DAD
07-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Little tracks blow!!!!!:mad: :grr:

ATVMXN 4 FUN
07-10-2010, 09:46 AM
My purpose of this post was certainly not to piss anyone off. I thought maybe the right person would see it and maybe do something about it. I never said we were better than any locals we to are locals at home . I stated that the CUT track may be ok for locals or begginers but not for a National Event. The laptimes at this track speak for themselves, but what would make me think by getting on this forum and stating the obvious would help. I am just a parent who takes his kids to every National race and spends the money to keep our sport alive and running

121dad
07-10-2010, 12:00 PM
:eek:

Yuk33
07-20-2010, 07:16 PM
This is is a good read, cutting tracks for the 50's is nothing new whether it's Districts or Nationals, we all really know that.

heathmxracing
07-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Yuk33
This is is a good read, cutting tracks for the 50's is nothing new whether it's Districts or Nationals, we all really know that.

Yea, but come on... We drove 16+ hours to run a 4 minute race. They basically just let the 50's run around in a circle with like two jumps.

redonkulousruntsracing
07-21-2010, 05:23 AM
I hate to say it, but I can't wait until I can get my boy off a 50.... he's got 2 more years on one until he can ride a 90. There are no 70's locally so I have to make do with the 50 until he is 8.

Full Throttle00
07-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by ATVMXN 4 FUN
My purpose of this post was certainly not to piss anyone off. I thought maybe the right person would see it and maybe do something about it. I never said we were better than any locals we to are locals at home . I stated that the CUT track may be ok for locals or begginers but not for a National Event. The laptimes at this track speak for themselves, but what would make me think by getting on this forum and stating the obvious would help. I am just a parent who takes his kids to every National race and spends the money to keep our sport alive and running

Is racing on the scrub pee wee track normal for all Nat's races?
I would say that for new beginner and slower riders to be on the beginner's / pee wee track. But experienced riders such as 50sr and above should be given the same track experience as the pro's. They make up at least 1/3 of the attendance. Everyone would like to see youth racing just as much as the pro's.

Heard about your son Eli Jr from a friend who's daughter raced your son in MN, said he was wicked fast. If you ever get a chance, try to make it out to the Left Coast for WORCS. It's 1st class. Treats the kids like pro's in so many ways (including letting them run the whole track) as they are the future of the sport. Youth riders are guranteed at least 30 minutes of racing per race upto 1hr, plus 3-4 practice sessions on Friday 10-15min each. They also just started an MX series this last winter.