PDA

View Full Version : need a 400ex clutch basket and clutch

bens250ex
07-07-2010, 12:27 PM
in need of clutch basket and clutch really lookin for a brand new clutch so i was just checkin to see if anyone had one layin around they decided not to use. but i need a clutch basket as well stock or aftermarket for years 99-04. also whats a good clutch for a 440ex do people still use the 250r kit which one is good?

Pipeless416
07-07-2010, 03:44 PM
i don't have anything laying around, but i will tell you to not waste your money on a hinson. great product? yes. overpriced? yes. im not sure if the company is still in existence or not, but look into a performance engineering billet clutch basket. i believe i got mine for $130 brand new. it is the same material and darn near the same exact design as the hinson for ~$90 less. im also running an EBC clutch kit with the heavy duty springs.. i don't really have anything good or bad to say about this. its doing its job and so far it hasn't slipped.

bens250ex
07-07-2010, 08:53 PM
yea the aftermarket stuff is $$$$$ i had some clutch in it can't remember what brand and i had no problems with it slipping. im trying to get this done cheaply lol but i dunno i might have to just bust it all out..

ridein'red7
07-07-2010, 09:15 PM
tusk:cool: :cool: