PDA

View Full Version : My 250R, past present and future ...

Saul76
07-07-2010, 08:13 AM
This is a post about my 1986 250R TRX and it may very well be my last post on this forum due to censorship issues I fail to understand. Regardless ...

I bought my TRX at almost this exact time last year. Up till then I had been riding a 1982 Honda 300R three wheeler.

The chance to own, build and ride a TRX was exciting. These are VERY rare bikes in my neck of the woods. Believe me. Rare.

I picked up my TRX for a song because it had grenanded a gear in the tranny. I brought it home and got to work. Pulled the engine and split the cases and began to fix the bike and further mod it.

Over the next few months I had the bike running and looking really good IMHO - AC Propegs, protaper bars, ODI lock on grips, 4.0 gallon IMS tank, +4 LSR Axle, Razers out back, 38MM carb, Elka front shocks.

I took many pics and a ton of video of my riding adventures all during the winter, they are all posted on my youtube channel. ( www.youtube.com/AIRFOOLERSDOTCOM )

I loved the bike as much as a human could love a quad - lol.

One day in Febuary I was riding down a deserted woods road that leads to an approved ATV trail. 2 minutes away from my home driveway as a matter of fact. The road is unpaved but because of one 'summer' home built at the end of the road (only lived in during summer months btw) it is considered a 'street' of our town.

This day a police officer from out of town spotted me cruising this road and gave chase - I was oblivious to the fact until I crashed my bike into a snowdrift. That however is neither here nor there.

My TRX 250R has been impounded ever since then until this all goes through the legal system. Fact is, I will probably never get my TRX 250R back.

This morning my court case was further set over until the 28th of this month. At that time a final decision will be made on my future and the future of the 250R.

As riders I can not stress enough how much we need to be aware of our surroundings and of our actions every time we mount and ride our 250R's ... I would hate for anyone of my fellow 250R riders to suffer the same fate as me and my 250R .... so take this thread as a warning. Respect your local ATV laws and respect your ATV - you'll never know how much it means to you until it is taken away.

Here are some pics of my 250R

The day I bought it ...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/trx/IMG_1210.jpg

About a week before it got taken ...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/trx/Amber1514.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/trx/Amber1513.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/trx/Amber1522.jpg

At the end of summer a couple months after I bought her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/trx/ambertrx/IMG_2831.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/trx/ambertrx/IMG_2844.jpg

My daughter & the bike.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/trx/ambertrx/IMG_2872.jpg

Thanks guys for all of your support during this time. Should this thread get locked it will be my last post here at this forum as I feel my thread directly relates to the 250R.

-Saul

C41Xracer
07-07-2010, 08:39 AM
and this will get locked by Scro also

J.B.
07-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Good luck with the case Saul. All the bikes around here and no "legal" place to ride makes for some interesting rides.

IRISH-RACER-14
07-07-2010, 09:24 AM
i dont undertstand why this thread will be locked?

D Bergstrom
07-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Saul76
This day a police officer from out of town spotted me cruising this road and gave chase - I was oblivious to the fact until I crashed my bike into a snowdrift. That however is neither here nor there.

Seriously? Oblivious huh? Then how come you said earlier you ran from the cops to cure “weekend boredom”? Heck, you were pretty much bragging about it on the other site right after it happened months ago. Trying to play it off now? Sorry, you have no sympathy from me; you deserve what is coming to you. I only feel sorry for your family and what you are putting them through.

Doug

mcboomport
07-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Next time you post about getting your tractor taken away from the cops, you should post it in the tractor forum. It was obvious (in others eyes) that the picture in your post wasn't a 250r.

Saul76
07-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
Sorry, you have no sympathy from me; you deserve what is coming to you.

Doug

Not asking for your sympathy or that of anyone else. I was 'wrong' in the situation either way and have admitted as much.

I never asked for 'pity' - only asked fellow riders might say a prayer for me as to not endure the worst punishment. Yeah, I was wrong - but - does the punishment fit the crime?

Anyways - thanks for that. Karma evens things out.

Saul76
07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by mcboomport
Next time you post about getting your tractor taken away from the cops, you should post it in the tractor forum. It was obvious (in others eyes) that the picture in your post wasn't a 250r.

Wait, what?! You're trying to say that the pic of my TRX being hauled away on a flatbed is being 'questioned' as being a 250R or not?!

SERIOUSLY?! Hahaha - that's awesome.

Tell what makes you (or others) think it isn't a 250R - please!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/popotookmyquad.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/popotookmyquad2.jpg

mcboomport
07-07-2010, 03:23 PM
haha, no. In all seriousness. That was the lamest excuse for a moderator to delete a thread. ESPECIALLY when there are multiple threads on here right now that ask "What hauls your baby?" or "what do you do for a living?" Those have absolutely nothing to do with a 250r. Why is he gonna delete yours? Makes no sense.. :confused: i guess All250r touched on this already.. I'll shut up.

wilkin250r
07-07-2010, 04:05 PM
The thread got locked and deleted for a variety of reasons.

First off, although not stated in the rules, we don't condone running from the cops. In the past we let many threads continue, because we often let ridicule and punishment come from the general membership, rather than the moderators. But we as moderators have always kept a watchful eye on such threads, because they often turn real ugly real fast. Many ended up getting deleted in the end, or at least locked.

We don't like flame-fests. And our history shows, neither does the general membership. But those members that PARTICIPATE in such threads are always a loud and vocal bunch, so they scream censorship and get their panties in a bunch, while other valuable members just quietly find someplace else.

Fact is, the thread was a hot topic, AND posted in the wrong section. I don't blame SCRO one bit for deleting it, I would have been tempted to do the same myself.

86 Quad R
07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
The thread got locked and deleted for a variety of reasons.

First off, although not stated in the rules, we don't condone running from the cops. In the past we let many threads continue, because we often let ridicule and punishment come from the general membership, rather than the moderators. But we as moderators have always kept a watchful eye on such threads, because they often turn real ugly real fast. Many ended up getting deleted in the end, or at least locked.

We don't like flame-fests. And our history shows, neither does the general membership. But those members that PARTICIPATE in such threads are always a loud and vocal bunch, so they scream censorship and get their panties in a bunch, while other valuable members just quietly find someplace else.

Fact is, the thread was a hot topic, AND posted in the wrong section. I don't blame SCRO one bit for deleting it, I would have been tempted to do the same myself.

Well said sir!!!

rayman375
07-07-2010, 04:38 PM
It could have easily been moved to the "correct" section, but I for one, mostly stay in the 250R section. I was just thinking about him the other day and what happened with his situation so I was happy to see he finally posted something. I think of most of the members in the 250R section as friends of mine, I could really care less about going into another section as I would have little in common with them. In my opinion it was a little overboard to lock and delete the thread so quickly. If he wants to let the others know what's going on then let him. Maybe some people will learn from his mistakes instead of making the same ones themselves. I know I won't be running from cops anytime soon after seeing the gayness that he's gone through.

Saul76
07-07-2010, 05:08 PM
It happened ON a 250R and what happens in court determines the FATE OF a 250R .. how was the thread at all in the 'wrong' section.

It was just as much a discussion about the 250R as it was me.

I'm not following.

trx310R#24
07-07-2010, 06:34 PM
i was not going to give my input cuz 1 mods dont care 2 it may start drama.. but!

censorship is not right and id be happy and i think alot of other members in the 250r forum would be happy id scro or what ever his name is dont lock threads here 1. he just locks stuff cuz he feels like it. 2. he starts ****. idk if he is not a he and is really just a 14 year old girl? id under stand then.. cuz thats how he/she acts =p imo the way he/she fights with people its just so funny.... its kinda like get a life and get over your self its a online forum. :rolleyes:

trx310R#24
07-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Saul76- good luck!! hope everything works out...

bigmatt61
07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
X2!

Matt

wilkin250r
07-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
censorship is not right

Well, let's get one thing straight. This isn't your town hall, or your local newspaper. We are free to "censor" any content that we feel is going in an undesirable direction, even if it hasn't officially broken any rules. Sometimes we choose to delete or lock stuff BEFORE it causes problems.

For example, in many areas riding without a helmet isn't illegal, but we delete any pictures anyways, because it's not an activity we want to condone.

Risque photos of scantily clad women aren't illegal either, even if it isn't true nudity, but it's not the kind of content we want to promote, so we delete them (you got a problem with that, there are plenty of websites you can visit with photos). And you know what, that's not posted in the rules, but we do it anyways!

The thread was reported, obviously Scro wasn't the only one that had a problem with it.

rayman375
07-07-2010, 10:40 PM

For example, in many areas riding without a helmet isn't illegal, but we delete any pictures anyways, because it's not an activity we want to condone.

I understand FULLY.
such as in this example
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=231951&perpage=10&pagenumber=25

wilkin250r
07-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by rayman375
I understand FULLY.
such as in this example

Good job, one slipped through the cracks, so it means that the WHOLE website is corrupt. I hope this isn't the end of ATVRIDERS.COM as we know it.

Oh, wait, I bet you lied to your parents when you were eight years old, so you arguement is completely invalid.

C'mon. Yeah, they slip through occasionally. So what? We all know this is still the best website around, and part of that reason is exactly these types of reasons, we eliminate problems and garbage, because (like I posted before), intelligent, mature, and decent members that contribute to the overall knowledge base HATE problems, flame fests, and garbage. Years of success has taught us this.

1promodfan
07-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Well, let's get one thing straight. This isn't your town hall, or your local newspaper. We are free to "censor" any content that we feel is going in an undesirable direction, even if it hasn't officially broken any rules. Sometimes we choose to delete or lock stuff BEFORE it causes problems.

The thread was reported, obviously Scro wasn't the only one that had a problem with it.

I understand completly.........I'm a moderator over on everything2stroke.com and its a hard job trying to keep peace sometimes. I guess it seemed to some people that us 250R guys was kinda getting singled out. I've talked with Scro, and I know he had great intentions. The only thing that I see is to maybe let everyone (or at least the thread starter) know whats going on.

Maybe give out a warning that if the thread gets out of hand it will be locked/deleted.

I say Scro has done a great job, and sometimes we all make hast decisions.;)

mkt
07-08-2010, 10:15 PM
seriously people, everyone would agree that the picture on the tow truck was freakin halarious, and those 80's racing suits still look gay. just because there might be a pix of some one not wearing a helmet means i'm gonna do it or some one running from the cops, that's stupid common sense tells you that. we do learn of what not do do from these things, keep in mind there is utube that everyone visits quite often, and just because some one got picked on in school and thinks he gonna change the world by deleting these stupid pix because it's not 250r related or some other reason needs to chillax, this is the internet; we're dealing from teenage kids to old farts like me, this isn't the church channel. peace out and ride safe

mkt
07-08-2010, 10:20 PM
i'm sorry nice r man

bloodswet&gears
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I didnt get bent outta shape about all this either.

You guys are real outlaws and WOW. just glad Johnny Knoxville
nevers see's any of this. he wouldnt make any money off his movies.

Im still scared to post pics of my quad on "show off your 250r" cause i dont have my nerfs on yet.

korniev states nerfs are a must. never seen a 250r with nerfs from the factory.

saul76 i wiil pray you get your 250r back. it looked like a 250r to me. i believe you have learned a good lesson.