PDA

View Full Version : Censorship or members' contributions - Case of Saul76's deleted thread

All250R
07-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Saul and other contributing members:
It irks me that the moderator deleted the threads about your issue without stating a good reason. This is why. These message boards are worthless without it's members contributing comments for others to find value in. The revenue that is generated is a direct result of commercial advertisers relying on membership participation. If board owners or moderators can't treat the people who post here with the respect they deserve by letting their content stand that doesn't violate the board's requirements for decency, then the moderator should lose his "job".

In this case, Saul was simply stating the repercussions of a tangle with law enforcement and was asking for an ear of other members. He did not use profanity, insult anyone, try to sell anything commercially. The first thread he posted was locked after the moderator condescendingly responded basically that that's what he gets, leaving his input the final word.

I posted a second thread to continue the subject to let my thoughts be known that law enforcement in this case was taking overzealous action against Saul. This does not violate the rules of the board either and should be allowed to stand and for other members to read.

Again, without the value of the content provided by the members, message boards have no value. There are other places to log into to exchange ideas and find solutions to problems. The owners and moderators of message boards need to thank their members for their contribution of value to their site. Censorship without explanation that doesn't violate the board's posted rules should not be tolerated by the owners or the contributing members. I suggest action should be taken against the moderator by one or both parties mentioned, by either removing moderator status, or for members to halt contribution and post their valued content in other sites such as trx250r.net.

Rules:
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.
3. Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames.
4. Feel free to attach ATV related pictures to you posts. Pictures of riders without helmets will be deleted - riding without a helmet is very dangerous and is an activity strongly comdemned by ATVriders.
5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.
6. ATVriders.com does not promote, certify, or endorse any of the sellers, buyers, or seller's merchandise. There is always risk involved with purchasing from unknown individuals online. You alone assume all risk and responsibility for those transactions. You alone are responsible for taking necessary precautions to protect yourself from potential internet fraud. ATVriders.com will play no role whatsoever in transactions initiated by individuals acting on their own behalf in the Classifieds section.

All250R
07-07-2010, 12:13 AM
To show my sincerity in the matter, if some action is not done to either demote the moderator, or restore the thread, I will take the time to query all of the content I've ever made here and delete it removing the site's ability to benefit from it.

pdxbigfoot
07-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Now we all know what he did was wrong (i gave him a hard time months ago right after it happened) and he know's what he did was wrong.

BUT!!!!

For a Moderator to show his/her emotions (without any explanation) toward a subject by deleting a thread proves to me that someone has taken off their logic cap and donned a ego trip.

Moderators should be fair, honest, level-headed and above all show integrity.
Not only does this reaction show the moderators lack of patience, but also portrays a negative image and is a prime example of what he/she should be "Moderating".

Jonny B
07-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Very well said all250r. I think many of the members here would agree with what you have stated.

Now lets hear from the moderator who puts his 2 cents in and then locked the first thread. (SCRO) What do you have to say to back up you reasoning for doing this? Members could read what you posted and not respond with their opinions. So what were you thinking, no other members about this topic matter to be posted, only your comment???

Why delete the second thread? Were the members comments about your actions (SCRO) a reason to delete the second thread? Maybe you feel things said in the second thread were too embarassing for members to read their opinions of you and your action???

Now is your chance to respond. Or maybe you will just delete this thread too?

:grr:

88redrocket
07-07-2010, 06:28 AM
One of the mod's really deleted that post? Wow I guess some people have way too much free time on their hands. Good luck in court Saul, I hope everything turns out okay.

Scro
07-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Those threads were deleted simply because they had nothing to do with the 250r. The title of the section is "Honda TRX250R ATV info". If you want to post something entirely off-topic, there is a section for that. Just be forewarned, it will turn south just as all threads like this do. My actions would have been no different if it were any other atv-specific section.

I did not think simply closing a thread would cause so much commotion. Like I said before, if this were posted in the open forum, it would have stood.So here ya go. (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=442259) I don't expect it to last long though.

If you still feel like you have a problem with this, you'll have to PM me.