PDA

View Full Version : Dyna FS Programmable?

woodsracer144
07-06-2010, 10:32 PM
any one run this? how do you like it? pros cons? also what other set ups are there other then the OE inner rotar thing that FTZ sells and the CR? i know vortex made one but i dont know if they still do.

Thanks

derby
07-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
any one run this? how do you like it? pros cons? also what other set ups are there other then the OE inner rotar thing that FTZ sells and the CR? i know vortex made one but i dont know if they still do.

Thanks

I have several of the dyna fs programmable ignitions for the cr ignition and one for a trx ignition. I know there were problems running the dyna fs on the trx ignition and they blew out especially if you were not using the rectifier. I also have a vortex. I like the dyna fs over the vortex just because the software is so much cheaper. I dont have any connection with vortex dealers so I am really at a dead end trying to get it reprogrammed. The problem now is that you can not buy or find the dyna fs ignitions.

woodsracer144
07-08-2010, 07:11 AM
are they worth the money? or make a differance?

derby
07-10-2010, 09:23 PM
are they worth the money? or make a differance?

Depends on how much you are paying for the ignition and if you have the resources to reprogram and test different curves. On a stock motor maybe not. On larger bore motors there is something to be gained especially when you go to higher octane and alky. You can regain lowend and midrange out of motors that maybe weak in those areas. Just a few ideas.

woodsracer144
07-10-2010, 10:26 PM
well i think i would be buying one new so just under 300... i think

it would be on a 66.4 mm bore by 76 stroke so i come up with 263 CC.. i would like to run E85 some day with my 40 mm lectron and run flat track with it... what are you throughts? right now i have the OE stuff in it...

derby
07-11-2010, 03:15 PM
well i think i would be buying one new so just under 300... i think

it would be on a 66.4 mm bore by 76 stroke so i come up with 263 CC.. i would like to run E85 some day with my 40 mm lectron and run flat track with it... what are you throughts? right now i have the OE stuff in it...

So it is a trx dyna fs or the cr250 dyna fs?

woodsracer144
07-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by derby
So it is a trx dyna fs or the cr250 dyna fs?

i think i would run the trx but would the CR give me anything more?

derby
07-12-2010, 10:34 PM
i think i would run the trx but would the CR give me anything more?

I have both but prefer the cr due to easier starting. You can only retard the trx box down to 10 degrees at start up which probably will make no difference on your setup. I have seen one trx box pop after about a year of use. Not sure what happened it was not mine but another motor I setup for a friend. Dyna said they do not make them anymore and sent him a non-programmable one which is about 1/4 th the cost of the programmable.

If you plan on using e85 then the ignition could make quite a bit of difference with the right curve. E85 has a much slower burn rate so you need to advance the ignition which will allow you to feed more fuel and get more power. I have been toying around with the idea of using e85 on my next build. I recently rode a 4mm cub that blew me away after the owner switched it over from race gas to e85.

woodsracer144
07-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by derby
I have both but prefer the cr due to easier starting. You can only retard the trx box down to 10 degrees at start up which probably will make no difference on your setup. I have seen one trx box pop after about a year of use. Not sure what happened it was not mine but another motor I setup for a friend. Dyna said they do not make them anymore and sent him a non-programmable one which is about 1/4 th the cost of the programmable.

If you plan on using e85 then the ignition could make quite a bit of difference with the right curve. E85 has a much slower burn rate so you need to advance the ignition which will allow you to feed more fuel and get more power. I have been toying around with the idea of using e85 on my next build. I recently rode a 4mm cub that blew me away after the owner switched it over from race gas to e85.

did he have a dyno sheet at all? also do you know what he was set up for like port wise? and ingition, carb? fuel pump? no pump?

derby
07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
did he have a dyno sheet at all? also do you know what he was set up for like port wise? and ingition, carb? fuel pump? no pump?

No dyno results. But I have raced the bike several times with a couple of my R's and he did gain a few lengths. He has a stock ignition with advance plate set at 8 degrees advance I think, lectrons setup by packard not sure what size, no pump.

woodsracer144
07-13-2010, 10:15 PM
cub is that a shee? or a R?

derby
07-14-2010, 06:22 AM
cub is that a shee? or a R?

68mm bore banshee with 4mm stroke

woodsracer144
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
ok i thought it was a shee but i wasnt sure if there was a new cyl that they came out with for the BB's for the R