View Full Version : Oil out overflow and Grey Milky oil? Fresh rebuild

OutlawEX
07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I recently rebuilt my 04-05 motor with new crank,bearings and seals, piston and what not after my counter balancer bearing went out

When I split the cases I cleaned everything in a parts washer . Well got it together and put some riding on it,roughly 20-30 minutes earlier last week and all was good. Changed the oil and noticed it was milky grey like. Figured it was from the parts washer as I may not of gotten the cleaner off all the way.

So today I went and really rode hard on it and after a good 5-10 minutes of really getting on it I noticed oil had came out of the smaller single overflow hose out of the case and got all over the engine. So I checked the ooil on the clutch side and it was low, so I added more to it. Went and did another good 10-15 mins hard and again it leaked. Got it home and washed it and went to change the oil and its still milky grey but not as bad. But still milky. Any suggestions? I also know when I put the the stator crank seal it went on a little goofy. But do not beleive that is the same side the oil vent tube is that has the oil coming out of it.

PaRedneckRiders
07-07-2010, 07:16 AM
ok well usally milky oil is from water or coolant, so if the seal in your water pump is bad it might be pushing some coolant into your oil turning it a milky greyish color

JAKE YATES
07-08-2010, 11:02 AM
check the radiator it will more than likely be empty.