PDA

View Full Version : trx250x

islandbiker1000
07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
hi there, i have a honda trx250x and i was wondering what the best oil and fuel to use. it has: powerroll 330 big bore kit, port and polished head, black diamond valves, billet camshaft, heavy duty valve springs, 78mm JE piston and sleeve, 12.7m stroked crank, shortened and bushed 350x rod, 300ex clutch, lightened flywheel, updated 2 and 3 gear, stock carb with adjustable main jet, stainless steel pro head pipe and hmf exhaust. its a new build and any advice on oil and fuel would be appreciated..thanx

brian 68
07-06-2010, 06:17 PM
depending on comp. but personally i used to mix 112 octane, with premium, about 3 gal 112, 2 gal premium. i think it ran as good as it did on straight 112, just cheaper. personally i find 100 octane to be as high as you should go. 112 and up and you could melt /break something. but again alot depends on your comp. and as far as oil goes, with out starting a fight , i have run exspensive and cheap. with the work you have done i asume you have alot of low end, mid torque.
but prob arn't reving to the moon. i would run regular oil unless reving high then synthetic. change it often, that matters more than brand on your machine. my 2 cents

islandbiker1000
07-06-2010, 11:50 PM
thanx man, this is the biggest build i have done so i didnt know all the specifics as far as the right gas, etc. i appreciate it

wilkin250r
07-07-2010, 04:39 PM
You just can't beat synthetic oil.

Many will claim AMSOIL is the best, but any brand of synthetic will be okay. (personally, I run amsoil)

The one thing you want to look for, especially when running synthetic, is to make sure it's a MOTORCYCLE oil, not a car oil. Most automobile synthetic oils have friction modifiers in them that will cause problems with your clutch.

Unfortunately, a motorcycle oil will be more expensive (even though it's basically the same), so be prepared to fork out a little more cash. But synthetic oils really are better than conventional oils.

fearlessfred
07-07-2010, 06:10 PM
i dont think u should use synthetics for breakin,buy after breakin it is the way to go,and have read nothing but good things about amsoil. im trying the rotella t right now like many others on this site,it has the zink and other additives that motorcycle oils have in them. im changing oil on 6 bikes ,so cost have a lot to do with going with the rotella