PDA

View Full Version : pim 2 or pc 5

stevestauff
07-06-2010, 03:45 PM
i have a 07 with power flow intake and k&n and a full yoshi pipe.i tried to use a pc3 with a downloaded map .oh i dont have the rev extender but i was told i could still use the cb and be allright but it leaned my bike out so much the entire head pipe was glowing not just a little.i actually had to put my stock pipe take the pc3 off and i dont have the reg intake but now it pops when you let of the gas any ideas?

turdboy
07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Sounds to me like a fuel pressure regulator. Also I wouldn't worry too much about a glowing red pipe. I have seen that on stock YFZ's. My regulator went out last year and I was running dangerously lean. It would pop like crazy when you let off the gas. I believe there is a way to do a pressure test but don't quote me. If you can get ahold of ATP call them and they will know how to check it.

stevestauff
07-07-2010, 05:55 PM
where is the pressure regulator on the ltr?that would make sense yeah mines popping to.

turdboy
07-07-2010, 08:18 PM
You have to remove the tank and flip it upside down. It's not the swirl filter but is the thing located on the back of the tank (underside). I had my quad at Rossier when we discovered the problem so I had them fix it. So I don't really know exactly how to remove it and replace it, but if you can call ATP they will know exactly how to explain it to you (if they are still open). Also ask them if and how to do a fuel pressure test. I believe an LTR works in this order....Tank-swirl filter-pump-regulator-injector. Mine still ran with a bad regulator and idled fine, but into higher RPM's it popped and had no power. I was severly lean on the dyno. Good luck. EFI is great until you have to find the problem.

stevestauff
07-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the info, it was nice to see some real help finally. I was about to give up on the LTR.