PDA

View Full Version : What CC?

mydirtkids
07-06-2010, 07:43 AM
How can you tell what CC the engine is? I heard Pitster stamps the CC on the case or something? Got a guy at the track with one, says 150R, but he said it is a 125? Sounds like a good price, I am interested in it but need to make sure I can run it in our class. Thanks

mydirtkids
07-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have an answer for this? Thanks for any info!

Ride1Rob
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Where does it say 150R. It's possible he could have bought a a 150r and down graded on the motor. If the motor is stamped 150 on the cylinder then that's what it more than likely is.

Raged66
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
It is stamped on the cylinder. The case is the same. I switched my sons to a 125 from the 150. I am guessing your talking about the 150R on the graphics?

Raged66
07-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Hope this helps

Raged66
07-09-2010, 07:35 PM

mydirtkids
07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
The plastics say 150R I thought, the pics he sent are not real clear, but I am pretty sure he said it was a 125. Thanks for the help! Clears it up for me:D If it is a 150, how much will it set me back to bring it down to a 125? Or am I better off just buying a new one?

Ride1Rob
07-10-2010, 03:23 AM
Only piston and cylinder swap. Probably around $100 range give or take a few to make it a 125cc. Or you could be a complete 125cc motor for around $300 give or take a few.

Raged66
07-10-2010, 05:36 AM
This was the email I got from Matt at Pitster Pro when I changed my sons FXR over.

All we would need to do is send you the 125 clinder, piston, and gaskets.plus we can supply the decals as well. all a bolt on, the 125 is a high compression piston and will run as hard or even harder than the stock 150.

The top end would be $200 complete and the graphics would be $30 for both sides of the tank.Plus shipping
Matt
Tech
ph: 801-796-7416
ext. 1 Bike Sales
ext. 2 Part Sales
fax: 801-796-7421

mydirtkids
07-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Wow, that is much cheaper than I expected! Thank you guys so much for your help. Right now we are running a modded DRR. Don't think the Pitster will keep up with it, but then again I have almost $12,000 in the DRR now. I just want a different class bike for my son, and would like something small enought for him to shift other than a Cobra. Thanks again guys:D

Raged66
07-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I know you are probally an MX guy but for XC these machines are great. Just let the results of the Snowshoe GNCC prove it. I am only posting the top ten but DRR comes into the picture at 28th place overall

Snowshoe
Snowshoe, WV - Round 9
Saturday, June 26, 2010
GNCC ATV Youth
Overall Finish Results
84 Entries

Place Racer Hometown Class Nbr Brand Laps Elapsed

1 MARSHAL GOINGS VEEDERSBURG, IN 90 Modified (12-15) 314 PIT 5 00:58:50.234

2 CODY COLLIER CARROLL, OH 90 Modified (8-11) 020 PIT 5 01:00:39.750

3 KIRKLAND A VEST HUNTLY, VA 90 Modified (12-15) 888 PIT 5 01:00:56.890

4 SCOTT BLACK CROWN POINT, IN 90 Modified (12-15) 407 COB 5 01:01:38.312

5 HUNTER HART NEWFIELD, NY 90 Modified (8-11) 018 COB 5 01:02:56.546

6 ZACHARY JONES NORTH AUGUSTA, SC 90 Modified (8-11) 777 APX 5 01:03:02.484

7 BRIAN C PETERS LOGAN, OH 90 Limited (11-15) 678 PIT 5 01:04:44.765

8 TYLER C WELTICH MARTINSVILLE, IN 90 Limited (8-10) 021 APX 5 01:06:58.781

9 BLAINE MARTIN WEIRTON, WV 90 Modified (12-15) 215 HON 5 01:07:49.796

10 ZACHARY WEBB GLEN ALPINE, NC 90 Modified (8-11) 051 APX 5 01:08:04.140

mydirtkids
07-10-2010, 12:47 PM
We have not done any xc with the DRR, and I would not even try. The DRR has the crappiest frame I have ever seen on a motorized vehicle. I won't even let him take it on simple trails we ride in fear of a tree strike or something. They actually have the nerve to charge a $GRAND for this flimsy cheap ***** frame. It actually is amazing for MX thanks to the $4,000 in suspension upgrades... Keep in mind this IS a mini.:blah:

We are planning on something different that we can use for super-mini (practice shifting) and on the trails. Our super-minis out here will leave these Pitsters several Zip codes behind, but that is not why we want to be in the class. Still very interested in the machine, just not willing to dump thousands into it. Mostly for joy riding;) I do think they are cool, just need to fit the bike to the correct application is all. IMO, people expect too much out of their equipment. I used to have a wicked cool 10.0 second Camaro, but sure would have sucked in rush hour traffic:devil: Same thing here. Sounds like people want the Pitster to compete with the CVT's. I would bet my left nut that these CVT guys with $15-20,000 invested in their machines won't let this thing in. If they did, it would take some BIG $$ and major R&D to make them competitive. By then, hopefully something better like a mini KTM will be available (that would be cool). JMHO..

nordic quad
07-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by mydirtkids
We have not done any xc with the DRR, and I would not even try. The DRR has the crappiest frame I have ever seen on a motorized vehicle. I won't even let him take it on simple trails we ride in fear of a tree strike or something. They actually have the nerve to charge a $GRAND for this flimsy cheap ***** frame. It actually is amazing for MX thanks to the $4,000 in suspension upgrades... Keep in mind this IS a mini.:blah:

We are planning on something different that we can use for super-mini (practice shifting) and on the trails. Our super-minis out here will leave these Pitsters several Zip codes behind, but that is not why we want to be in the class. Still very interested in the machine, just not willing to dump thousands into it. Mostly for joy riding;) I do think they are cool, just need to fit the bike to the correct application is all. IMO, people expect too much out of their equipment. I used to have a wicked cool 10.0 second Camaro, but sure would have sucked in rush hour traffic:devil: Same thing here. Sounds like people want the Pitster to compete with the CVT's. I would bet my left nut that these CVT guys with $15-20,000 invested in their machines won't let this thing in. If they did, it would take some BIG $$ and major R&D to make them competitive. By then, hopefully something better like a mini KTM will be available (that would be cool). JMHO..

http://www.eatv.de/de/modelle/modelle.php

FISH ON!
07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by nordic quad
http://www.eatv.de/de/modelle/modelle.php

nordic...................

Is that a KTM motor in the 85SX? Looks sweet. How does it do over there?

Ride1Rob
07-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by mydirtkids

You pretty much hit the nail on the head! We run in the mod class with built cvt's and our 16hp Lifan is no match for them. We're up against 2Fast kits and stroked/bored cvt's that haul the mail. Our 150 is more on base hp wise with the cvt's in the stock appearing class. It's more of a motard type setup with long gearing. We're running 14t front and 47t rear just to get the gearing we need to be even close to good acceleration. Still not enough lol. But with that being said for the money I have in our motor (Around $500 including motor) I can't complain. We're running against 4k builds and Drr's/Apex's that have probably 10k in them. As for R&D.... It's done! Our completely new motor built for MX will be here next week. We'll be in the same hp range as the cvt's we race against but still at a disadvantage due to the shifting. I'm not complaining at all as this will surely make Jam a better rider and will benefit him when he moves up in class. Definitely a good decision to go with ;)

nordic quad
07-11-2010, 05:43 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FISH ON!
[B]nordic...................

It is built around the KTM bike so it also has the WP suspention,it does wery vell in the classes you can race it in,it looks a bit funny and have a hefty price tag,expect to pay up to 2000/3000 more than the Cobra 70.
Link in english
Stein A
http://www.eatv.de/com/modelle/modelle.php

mydirtkids
07-11-2010, 10:31 PM
See, why in the HECK can I get a Chineese:chinese: gheto bomb dropped on me with the first google hit, and the KTM has one out, and its like a ghost. Not that I have been looking, just assumed never saw one, probably does not exist. The local shop (has a couple KTM big quads, lots of KTM little and big bikes even said they do not make a mini quad...2008-2009? Seriously, not a gag? KTM has a mini???? Just made my day......Phew,,, the dog got out of a beating tonight! (thats a joke, love the little critter). Just about how mad I am at these minis thought!!:D

T@AFP
07-12-2010, 07:50 AM
We have had a Pitster for most of the season on a MX track. It handles good, but the motor has had it's challenges. Not the Pitster part of the engine but the aftermarket head has cause us some heartburn. But Pister has stood behind their product 125% and took care of any problems

We just ordered another one on Friday from Pitster. But this one we are going to put a KX65 engine in it for my son. if this works, like a really think it will. We will start offering a Pitster mods in a 65cc and 85cc for next season. We looked at the KTM65 engine but I was told that parts and repair bills get a little steep with these engines.

mydirtkids- I know you have had your hands full with the chassis on your DRR. These frame seem to be holding up alot better. But like any quad out there. Suspension is key.

FISH ON!
07-12-2010, 07:09 PM

It is built around the KTM bike so it also has the WP suspention,it does wery vell in the classes you can race it in,it looks a bit funny and have a hefty price tag,expect to pay up to 2000/3000 more than the Cobra 70.
Link in english
Stein A
http://www.eatv.de/com/modelle/modelle.php

I did the Euro conversion.................ouch that scared me !! LOL

fr255
07-18-2010, 03:02 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

basically a stock ktm 85 motox bike and EATV makes a kit that bolts on to converts to a quad,they also do same for the honda crf 150r.

swamp
09-28-2010, 01:01 AM
i have heard the whr motors are making around 22 to 25 hp. most i have seen out of a takegawa honda motor is 16.5 hp kitaco 14.4. i havent played with the 150 motors yet all we can run is a 125cc. This weekend all the hondas in our super mini class got smoked by the cvts out of the gate, but the hondas were there running with them

the four strokes just cant make the horse power the two stroke motors can. i would never go back to a cvt .

and i just ordered a pitster motor so we will soon get down with that one....

Originally posted by Ride1Rob
You pretty much hit the nail on the head! We run in the mod class with built cvt's and our 16hp Lifan is no match for them. We're up against 2Fast kits and stroked/bored cvt's that haul the mail. Our 150 is more on base hp wise with the cvt's in the stock appearing class. It's more of a motard type setup with long gearing. We're running 14t front and 47t rear just to get the gearing we need to be even close to good acceleration. Still not enough lol. But with that being said for the money I have in our motor (Around $500 including motor) I can't complain. We're running against 4k builds and Drr's/Apex's that have probably 10k in them. As for R&D.... It's done! Our completely new motor built for MX will be here next week. We'll be in the same hp range as the cvt's we race against but still at a disadvantage due to the shifting. I'm not complaining at all as this will surely make Jam a better rider and will benefit him when he moves up in class. Definitely a good decision to go with ;)

Ride1Rob
09-28-2010, 09:09 AM
We actually went back to the drawing board since our last post above and made some slight changes on our powerplant. We still have less hp than the built cvt's but our torque shows out of the corners and off the gate. The last 8 races we've pulled 5 holeshots. The built cvt's have the upper hand on us in topend but the grunt of the thumper shows out of the corners. Personally, I love this lil thumper and finally figuring out what works to put us on a level playing field is awesome. I'm definitely excited about Jam being able to compete now that we're on a level playing field :)

swamp
09-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Ride we are in the same boat my friend..What are u running pm so we can keep it a secret....