PDA

View Full Version : time for new reeds, need suggestions

MossboysRacing
07-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I know this can be a touchy topic and everyone has there own opinion. Im going to replace my v-force 2 reeds and im looking for suggestions. I race XC and my bike is kinda based on the low to midrage powerband

cdrookie
07-06-2010, 05:43 AM
boyesen rad valve for low/mid, v force for mid/topend

1promodfan
07-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
boyesen rad valve for low/mid, v force for mid/topend

X2^^^^^^^ I switched to V-force 3 reeds over the Rad-Valve. I can tell the rad-valve had just a little better off throttle response. Overall, I love my V-force.:D

86 Quad R
07-06-2010, 09:05 AM
i like the rad valve(old style or new) with the ALL fiberglass reed petals.

aztecgwynn
07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Consider carbon tech reeds i've been using them for over 13 years and their good reeds. My opinion I would by carbon tech reeds ten times over the boyesen reeds

86 Quad R
07-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by aztecgwynn
Consider carbon tech reeds i've been using them for over 13 years and their good reeds. My opinion I would by carbon tech reeds ten times over the boyesen reeds

are the carbon tech reeds only for OEM cages?

headache
07-10-2010, 10:20 AM
yes i believe the carbon tech's are only for the stock cage. You might want to look into a mossbarger reed cage. I ran one on a blaster once and made the motor have a much smoother powerband than v force 3's or boyesen pro series on stock cage. I've been thinking about trying the Low-mid tension Carbon tech reeds in my Lt250 just to see how they do compared to the power reeds i have now