PDA

View Full Version : Banged up riders.

THARNESS
07-05-2010, 10:20 AM
It seems like there were several crashes this weekend at Pleasure Valley in the youth classes that left more than a few riders pretty banged up. Some of them returned to the track less than 100% while others didn't return or even went to the hospital to be checked out. The ones I know about are Logan Dusenberry who injured his leg in Friday practice, Hunter Harper who crashed in the School Boy class and never returned for any of his other moto's, Jacob French was involved in the nasty 90 mod holeshot pile-up. He left the track on a back board. I saw him Sunday in the pits, he was pretty sore and was going today to be checked out. David Collard had a nasty crash on the last lap of the 70 mod race. He was taken to the hospital to check his liver and such. He checked out ok and was released. I belive that Troy Hill took a nasty crash on a 70 cvt and may not have returned for his 70 single speed race.

These are the ones that I am aware of, there may be more. I hope that all you guys are ok and heal up quick. The Harness Family will be praying for you all.

Does anyone know how Hunter Harper is doing? I never saw him again after his crash.

mini racer #39
07-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Hunter will be ok...just sore....

T@AFP
07-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Also Cody Shelton ,Reise Parvin, Logan Salzman and Jeremy LeDonne.
WAY too many crashes.

Then the pile of big quad crashes. Ughhh

#404's Dad
07-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Bad track for Quads maybe? We watched the National there back in 06 and there were several crashes, people were saying it was a Dirt Bike back then...

THARNESS
07-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by #8trx450r
Bad track for Quads maybe? We watched the National there back in 06 and there were several crashes, people were saying it was a Dirt Bike back then...

I don't think that was it really. I think the track is much better now than it was two years ago when we first went. I think these kids are just going so fast and jumping so much now that is is just bound to happen sooner or later. It just seems like there were way more than usual this weekend.

My boys really seemed to like the track.

jerkyboy
07-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't think any of the wrecks had anything to do with the track. I think the track was in good shape. Everyone just trying to run as hard as they could. There were tons of guys getting tangled up before the first turn alot more than normal.

mini racer #39
07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
With this being the #8 race of the season, the make or break race of the season...the riders were pushing it to the limit! A lot of championships were sealed and lost. The track was great..was challenging...and fast. The riders were just holding nothing back. Best wishes to all who were injured. See everyone at Red Bud...

ToddL
07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I thought the track was pretty good overall, but a little too wet in the morning as usual... :(
I did ask Travis about the crashes, as he saw a couple and
I wondered what a 9 year-old thought. He said the track was kind of one lined in many spots, which makes sense as he
was early in the program in the 90 Jr. class.
Pretty wet and rutted with few options for the minis to go.
IMO.... less room means more kids desparate to pass in places
that it might be tight = more crashes.
just my 2 cents based on what my son told me and what I saw.
Overall he had fun and we will go again.
Todd
PS: Tom - I didn't see Logan Salzman crash - anyone know if he's OK ?

T@AFP
07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeh Todd, he went over a berm and flew over the bars. A minor " get off" but he's ok.

Logan #34's Dad
07-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Even though Logan ate crap, I think the track was okay. If I had one or two issues it would be with the narrowing of turn one. There is a lot of grass on the inside of the first turn that could be made into track. The other issue may be that it was a real hard track to pass on. The jumps were wide enough but most of the turns were narrow. IMO......
Cernic has brought that facility a long way since the first ATVA race held there.

STOCKRACING917
07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Rocky that comment echos what our kids were saying "hole shot curve got narrow quick " hope that gets a look see. Best time yet there, they have improved since the first one. The kids all liked the track change. They all enjoyed it. Speedy recovery to all injured !!