PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

a4guy
07-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Well, I got the quad all fixed but am getting bored with it. I have been thinking about getting another dirt bike instead. I was looking for a CRF450R but I have a guy that has an 03 CR250R in mint condition with 5 hours on a fresh rebuild and lots of extras.

What should I do? He is offering a straight up trade.

Here is a picture of the bike.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/88e30is/278.jpg

TRXRacer1
07-05-2010, 06:52 AM
TRADE!!!

1) The "price is right" Bob.

2) You're obviously ready to mix it up.

3) You can always build another 400ex if you find yourself really missing one.

4) That is one sick bike! If you know your CRs that was the last year of the best engine ever built.

5) If you don't take it let me know via PM because I have a buddy who has been looking for a decked out 03 and that's within driving distance for us.

PaRedneckRiders
07-05-2010, 08:31 AM
deff a nice cr, i sorta regret getting rid of my 2000 cr250 so im looking for another one now i think its deff worth trading for just because its a really nice bike, recently rebuilt and your ready for something different

a4guy
07-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I know I feel like a traitor and everything but I have been getting the itch to get back on a bike and I miss the two strokes.

I had an 02 CR250 a few years back and really miss riding it. I have a buddy that has a quad that comes up from suamico to go riding every weekend, weather its just around camp or going for a long day ride.

The only thing I am worried about is keeping up with him on some of our trails out here because some are really whooped out. But one thing he is not going to like is I am now really going to spank him in the straights. Haha we are very competitive when it comes to riding.

JOHNDOE83
07-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Ive been thinking of trading mine for something else, if the crs what you want go for it, they are sick bikes, my friend had a stock 03 he just changed the sprokets and it was hitting 93mph, and totally smoked my 440.

Ive been thinking of trading for a atc, or a sxs, or a 250r, but im not sure yet, i love the 400ex.

honda400ex2003
07-05-2010, 12:42 PM
that bike is pretty sweet! if you want a bike that would be the one to get. steve

a4guy
07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys. I think I am going to pull the trigger on this and pick it up this weekend. I will still pop on here from time to time. This is my favorite forum. Too bad there is not a dirt bike section.

beags86
07-05-2010, 03:42 PM
i like riding quads because thats what i was raised on. and because alot less poeple ride them compared to dirtbikes. well at least the way i see it anyway.

anyway it seams like when a i meet a dirtbike rider it always seams like they are like "oh you ride quads?" like i am less of a rider, or not as good as them, or have less skill then them.

i don't know maybe i just take it wrong. anyone else get this? or is it just the way i see it?

anyway because of this i say keep the 400

a4guy
07-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about beags. Dirt bikers have a totally different concept of life all together. Just because you ride on four instead of two does not make you an more or less of a skilled rider.

I love them both, wish I could afford both. Some day I will have a garage full of toys. But for now its an atv or dirt bike, the truck and the boat.

TRXRacer1
07-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately after 25 years in the dirt I can say without any doubt that there is a denser population of idiots on quads then bikes. By idiots I mean those that have a hard time respecting others, their property and efforts to keep a good name on the sport. Does that give some bikers the right to act as if they are better then those on 4 wheels... not really but I can see why some feel that way. As far as the skill debate goes you hear silliness on both sides.

In the end what you ride has nothing to do with who you are because we can all find countless idiotic stories regardless of the amount of wheels associated with the subject. As much as we may dislike them, if you see that group of guys that look pretentiously wound too tight, just remember those are the last guys to give offroading a bad name.

a4guy
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Very well said.

beags86
07-05-2010, 06:36 PM
TRX - i agree whole heartedly.

i have seen idiots riding on 2, 3,and 4 wheels. i was riding the cheese country trail a few yrs back and there were some guys on cr250's that were raising hell tearing up the trail.and i thought, "yeah thank god i'm a 4 wheeler guy, 4 wheeler guys don't do that". well i rode about 10 more miles and found a guy on a banshee with a guy on a 4x4 going down in the woods, mudding, spinning tires and so on and on. and i thought. "well i guess some 4 wheeler guys are no different".

my point is thats it's not the sport (dirt bikes, quads, utvs, dune buggies, etc) its the people on them.

it's just frustrating to come across some guys that have that i'm better then you attitude, whether they ride 2 or 4 wheels.

TRXRacer1
07-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Couldn't agree more beags. Well said.

Cheese County Trails are a long way from home for you. Were you visiting or did you live out here?

a4guy
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Where in cheese country are you trx?

TRXRacer1
07-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by a4guy
Where in cheese country are you trx? Not far from Milwaukee. Close enough to MI to get over to SL once in a while. I'll probably go in September this year. 5 minutes into last years ride I made it to pride hill with the XR400 only to experience a tensioner failure that resulted in a couple bent valves. Glad I brought the Foreman as a back up or that would have been one short ride, lol.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9933_1169125186484_1178608493_30458374_8239820_n.j pg

a4guy
07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Damn I have never seen a forman that high off the ground before.

I have lived in MI my whole life and have never made it to SL. Some day I will make it there.

beags86
07-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
Couldn't agree more beags. Well said.

Cheese County Trails are a long way from home for you. Were you visiting or did you live out here?

born and raised in IL just south of monroe, wis. on the il/ wis state line. madison is about a 50 minute drive, and milwaukee is about an hour and half. been to a cubs/ brewers game, wis state fair, drinkin on water st. downtown, alpine valley, miller brewery tours, lakefront brewery tour, summerfest, etc, etc. been to most of the big things to do around milwaukee. had a few friends go to m.s.o.e.
love wis. tons of stuff to do up there. just moved to gods country last yr.
colorado is great, but home (il/wis) will aways be home

TRXRacer1
07-05-2010, 07:26 PM
LOL, thanks. The speedo was reading 52 when I hit that. I'll post here if I can make it this year. It's really fun "off season" because there are less people and the rules are a lot more relaxed. Maybe a few of us could met up out there.

a4guy
07-05-2010, 07:43 PM
That would be awesome if we could get a group of exriders out there.

sc400ex_rider
07-06-2010, 10:06 AM
This is all you need
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/starcraftier1/S4010789.jpg
And may be a couple of these.
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/starcraftier1/S4010790.jpg

clemsonteg
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sc400ex_rider
This is all you need

What size suzuki is that?

a4guy
07-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Nice set up sc400ex. Love the toys.

a4guy
07-06-2010, 03:04 PM
The more I think about it the more I want to keep my quad. I hate making decisions like this. The quad is in great shape and needs nothing to ride it.

There are a few thinks I would like to upgrade on it to make it exactly how I want it. I may keep the 400.

Give me some reasons why I should keep it.

MidnightBlade
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
#1 reaon it's a honda, #2 it's a 400ex, #3 it's bulletproof, #4 no mixing gas and oil, #5 better gas mileage, #6 it will not die, #7 hard to roll, #8 not as hard to ride :D. that enough? and i went through the same controversy over quad vs bike.

MidnightBlade
07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by sc400ex_rider
This is all you need
[/IMG] pedal bike!? in a sand dune? and a paddle tire on the rocket, that would be FUN

clemsonteg
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by a4guy
The more I think about it the more I want to keep my quad. I hate making decisions like this. The quad is in great shape and needs nothing to ride it.

There are a few thinks I would like to upgrade on it to make it exactly how I want it. I may keep the 400.

Give me some reasons why I should keep it.

I do it all the time too. My problem is I work on something, and then once its fixed or I run out of things I can do to it I get bored and wanna trade it off or sell it to buy something else. One thing I have learned is to stop doing that, and then I can acquire things like sc400ex_rider has done.

What I would do is hang on to the quad, lay back on the modding and save your pennies and buy a dirt bike to go with it.

a4guy
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Well there are 8 good reasons haha. I love the quad. There is just so much I want to do with it but the funds are lacking at this time. I have a job interview tomorrow at a place I have been trying to get into for years, so I am hoping that will fix my financial troubles. The economy is just sucking *** right now.

Maybe soon I will just be able to pick up a bike and keep the quad too.