PDA

View Full Version : Pro Am WORCS rider needs your prayers

QuadJunkies
07-04-2010, 11:31 AM
please say a prayer for WORCS Pro Am rider Casey Johnson . He was in a terrible accident at Boulder City, NV racing this wk end. He was air lifted with head injuries and is in a drug induced coma to heal .The Johnson brothers are very dear to us and we are sending our prayers to the Johnson family.

We are praying for a full recovery for you Casey !!:(

mxduner
07-04-2010, 06:40 PM
That terrible news. I wish him and his family the best of luck.

SRH
07-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
please say a prayer for WORCS Pro Am rider Casey Johnson . He was in a terrible accident at Boulder City, NV racing this wk end. He was air lifted with head injuries and is in a drug induced coma to heal .The Johnson brothers are very dear to us and we are sending our prayers to the Johnson family.

We are praying for a full recovery for you Casey !!:(

damn , awful brain injuries can be some of the worst, lets hope for a full recovery

S.A.J
07-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Will pray for him and his family,all things are possible to thoes who believe in HIM!!!!

rollie
07-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I will be praying!!

QuadJunkies
07-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks so much !

JR3
07-05-2010, 02:41 PM
any updates qj seems that everyone is getting hurt this season craziness

Quad18star
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Praying for him.

Do people get seriously injured at every round of the WORCS series? :huh

bigd's ex
07-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

BlaineKaiser450
07-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

Do people get seriously injured at every round of the WORCS series? :huh Sure seems like it, WORCS is pretty crazy! I'll be praying

QuadJunkies
07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Praying for him.

Do people get seriously injured at every round of the WORCS series? :huh
This wasnt at a WORCS race .;)

No updates yet, but Im going to call his brother tomorrow .

QuadJunkies
07-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Casey underwent brain surgery today and the Dr. said it was worse than first expected. :(
Dr.s' have been known to be wrong... and miracles happen everyday! I can only imagine what the family is going through right now .
Casey has a journal and guestbook for anyone who woud like to extend there prayers and thoughts.
Go Here (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/caseyjohnson312/guestbook)

SRH
07-07-2010, 11:28 PM
any word on the prognosis

QuadJunkies
07-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by SRH
any word on the prognosis

He maintained his levels and pressures through the night. He is still very critical .

Too early for pronosis just yet .

sunco
07-08-2010, 05:02 AM
In God we trust. I'll pray from them

mxduner
07-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Hang in there casey! I will continue to pray for him and his family.

QuadJunkies
07-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Things are very bad .Not expected to make it through the day .Im just sick over this . :(

Makes your think alot differently about your own kids and the sport for sure ..

My heart goes out to the family .

sunco
07-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Oh my. Thanx for keeping us updated. Hard to respond to ur post. We'll keep praying

QuadJunkies
07-10-2010, 11:13 AM
There is risks in everything we do everday, and to take away someones passion is something I could never do as I share the same interests as them- but it does make you step back and think about it all as a parent ....
I did ask my Daughter how it made her feel and if things like this makes her change her mind at all on racing and she said no. She knows the risks she takes everyday she races ,but she still loves the sport .

Back in 1992 I lost a child, he was 4, but it was from an illness.. I am just sick with sorrow for the family because I know how they are feeling right now sitting by his beside . We had to make the hard descison of letting my son go because we knew he would never snap out of it. I know the family will never be the same again and the healing does take alot of time -thats where I think if things abit .

Caseys brother is WORCS Pro Am MCR Race Team rider Keith Johnson- another great kid !

All I know is when we race in two weeks, my family will be wearing his race number in his honor . I know there will be alot of riders doing the same .

MY hope has not given up and my prayers are still being sent .

sunco
07-10-2010, 11:19 AM
:( .......................

QuadJunkies
07-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Id like to post something from there latest blog ...

I have not updated for a while because our progress has been placed on a balance. We go one way and this happens and we go the other way and that happens. It has been bad news on top of more bad news. Casey has been fighting for a week now. Yesterday we talked to a neurosurgeo​n. After his surgery earlier in the week she told us he was not good. He kept fighting and he made it this far. She told us yesterday that his CT scan was worse. She told us that he had one of the most severe brain injuries she has ever seen. She told us that most patients rarely make it this far. Through the night Casey struggled. This is the last thing we want to see. At 4:00 he went in for a test to check his level of brain activity. As a family we have decided that we do not want to prolong the suffering for Casey. He would not want that for anyone else. We as a family have also decided that we are going to donate his viable organs to families that are in need of them. Casey wanted to be a firefighter and he wanted to save lives. Now is his chance. This decision has not been an easy one but it is what we feel is best for Casey and the rest of our family at this time. Casey was a HUGE part of our lives and things will never be the same without his goofy grin, contagious laugh or just Casey being Casey. Anyone who has had the pleasure of making any form of contact with him knows that he was the light of the room. He brought joy to so many lives and now is his time to go and spend time with people we already know are in heaven. He will be spending time with his great grandmother​, grandmother​, grandfather​, and good friend Zalman from high school. He will be missed by all and we will see him one day when we too go to heaven. We will miss you 312! Keep telling us you are here with your number we will never forget!

May God be with the Johnson family . Casey will be looking down upon us all at every Quad race and looking over all his freinds and family from heaven . God Speed Casey, you now can jump as free as you want .
My family expresses our deepest sympathy to the family :(

Guy400
07-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Terrible news. How old was he?

QuadJunkies
07-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Terrible news. How old was he?

I believe he turned 19 in March.

SRH
07-10-2010, 10:46 PM
rip, as sad as it is, its not nearly as sad as having to watch someone live with severe brain damage

QuadJunkies
07-11-2010, 12:20 AM
This family is amazing..

I gathered a few pics I had and put a video a picture slideshow to make me feel better on my facebook page .

Cant keep a youtube video for nuthing anymore due to copyright
:rolleyes: but ill try and post it

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SONUL5kA45I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SONUL5kA45I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pappy
07-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Very saddened to hear of this.

Prayers sent for all involved.

This year does seem like its been a very bad year for many racers. I dont know thenumbers, but it could possibly be that we get to hear about them now thanks to the internet where as before we would catch one here or there.

400grl
07-11-2010, 10:36 AM
I have been following this entire story on Facebook and on here - thanks for continuing to post updates, Tina!

Totally breaks my heart......I can only imagine having to make that same decision for my own kids, and it's just something no parent should ever have to go through. God bless Casey's entire family.....they obviously adore him and did what was best for him. RIP Casey.....

ATV Chic
07-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Sending prayers to his family today. So sad for them to suffer so much :( Life just isn't fair sometimes. Sorry for your loss to Tina. I cannot imagine going through the loss of a child. God bless you and their family

woodsracer144
07-11-2010, 02:42 PM
God Speed, This is soo sad, Its hard to understand why this has happened, but in a vid about Lusk Ronnie said a quote from the bible, proverbs 3:5 "trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings" ever since i've heard that i hold it very close to me, I used when my grand parents died, when my Girl friend broke up with me, when things go bad on any day. and all i can do is just take what has happened and move on, good bad, happy or say.

My heart goes out to all the friends and fam members who are suffering from this tragic loss. But some day they will see him again

Rest in Peace!

I think they should pray at the start of the races....

Quad18star
07-12-2010, 06:57 PM
As sad as this story is, it's also very heartwarming to know that his family has decided to provide life to others by donating his organs.

Our prayers are with the family and friends.

Jim417mx
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Wow, just speechless, RIP Casey, from a fellow racer, accidents like this will never be forgotten in the racing community.

ltr450rider21
07-12-2010, 09:42 PM
RIP..:(

Quad18star
07-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Tina , you put together a very nice slideshow. :)

QuadJunkies
07-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by ATV Chic
Sending prayers to his family today. So sad for them to suffer so much :( Life just isn't fair sometimes. Sorry for your loss to Tina. I cannot imagine going through the loss of a child. God bless you and their family
Thank you ;)

Things like ths makes me think of all the good things in my life and how lucky I am to still have my others kids here with me . We all are on borrowed time and we all should treat eash day as if it was our last .
Im working on a Tshirt project in time for the upcoming WORCS race in less than two weeks. Its not much time but Im going to try and sell as many Tshirts as I can so that the riders can wear there shirts in memory of Casey on the Sat. race. Proceeds will go to the Johnson Family .
Casey will be watching over everyone on this day :)

QuadJunkies
07-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Tina , you put together a very nice slideshow. :)

Thank you . Wish I had more shots but a few of them were not so good :o

QuadJunkies
07-13-2010, 02:27 AM
When I say this family is amazing... I wasnt kiddin ! This family of racers is so strong !
latest blog

On Saturday July 10th at 9:00 40 plus people gathered in the waiting room of the University Medical Center Trauma ICU. We all gathered in a circle. We said a prayer and then whomever wanted to, filed into Casey's small ICU room. As a family we walked at the head of the "pack." I turned to look thinking we would be the only ones there for his final moments, but I was sadly mistaken. We filed into his room with little room for the nurse to move around. The nurse talked to my mom and she asked if she wanted all of these people around for Casey. We knew that Casey would not have wanted it any other way. Casey would have said, "Mom go big or go home!" When I counted we had 37 people around to show their support and love for Casey. We all stood around and shared moments and our love for Casey. It was hard but we knew it was the best decision. His passing was very peaceful, comforting and quick for the people who surrounded him. Afterwards we were in the waiting room sharing stories about Casey. The past days since have been a very emotional but we have laughed and cried multiple times. You can't help but laugh when telling stories about Casey. People have been asking about memorial services. We will be having a memorial service sometime after July 28th because as of now we will be attending Round 7 of the WORCS series to be with our racing family because if it weren't for these family members like Jolynne Barnum and family, Darci Hansen and family, Michelle Cash and family, and Julie Mulcahy and family we would have NEVER made it this far. Then sometime in mid to late August we are going to celebrate Casey's life with huge party! We are going to do it big like Casey would want it. Even though it has been a tragedy we need to remember the Casey that we all knew and loved. I will post the information as we figure it out.

johnnyquad17
07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
R.I.P. So sorry for your loss.

QuadJunkies
07-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Didnt have much time to prepare before the next WORCS race ... but we had a T-shirt made for riders to wear in his memory at the Endurocross next wk end in Washington.
This round will be am emotional one as TWO fund raisers will be in progress.
Here is the T-shirt in Caseys memory.

woodsracer144
07-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Didnt have much time to prepare before the next WORCS race ... but we had a T-shirt made for riders to wear in his memory at the Endurocross next wk end in Washington.
This round will be am emotional one as TWO fund raisers will be in progress.
Here is the T-shirt in Caseys memory.

whats the cost and where can you get them?

QuadJunkies
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I teamed up with WORCS rider Robert Kramar of Master Designs in Arizona put the design together and will be producing the T-shirts in Memory of Casey Johnson to wear on Sat. at the upcoming WORCS race at Straddleline ORV Park next wk end .
Ill be placing order through tomorrow for WORCS riders and through the first week of Aug. for everyone else-reason being so many from all over have inquired about and also for the ITP Quadcross series riders.
Shirts are 12.00 and you can add 5.00 for shipping and handling.
IF you woudl like to place an order, please send your pmt. to my paypal acct. at tntkuna@msn.com
I was told today that to waive the paypal fee so that the Johnsons get 100% of the preceeds to just select the PayPal as a "Personal Payment." That will not add any fees to either party.

Click on the Personal tab and select "Gift."
For those who have already ordered- thank you !!:)

woodsracer144
07-15-2010, 04:43 PM
know the sizes? I dont mean to be a pain... I understand about the WORCs being first becuase thats totally understandable...

thanks

QuadJunkies
07-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
know the sizes? I dont mean to be a pain... I understand about the WORCs being first becuase thats totally understandable...

thanks

All sizes can be ordered ;)

woodsracer144
07-15-2010, 09:08 PM
like body build what would fit what? some times they are alittle different if you catch my drift?

QuadJunkies
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
like body build what would fit what? some times they are alittle different if you catch my drift?
These shist are a standard T-shirt... like you get an any event .
heck if I know.. I didnt make the shirts. LOL

from childrens to 4X ,that part I do know as I have had to order a few in the 4X.

woodsracer144
07-16-2010, 12:33 AM
haha alright