PDA

View Full Version : Same jetting problem

juice420
07-03-2010, 08:37 PM
06 KFX400
Lexx slip on, pro flow k&n intake, k&n powerlid, 150 main jet, 25 pilot jet, fuel screw 2 turns out. still bogs out 1/8-1/4 throttle. Any ideas? Someone said adjust the float level, should I give that a try? I really wanna get this thing squared away and running right.

cataway
07-04-2010, 04:22 AM
what carb?

sd1
07-04-2010, 04:45 AM
pretty sure hes using a stock carb Cat....something got fubared up in his carb....float level could possibly do it....any chance you can try a different carb to see if it works better?

juice420
07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by sd1
pretty sure hes using a stock carb Cat....something got fubared up in his carb....float level could possibly do it....any chance you can try a different carb to see if it works better?
Lol, no I don't have any spare carbs layin around. Wish I did though. If I can't figure this out I'm gonna do what I fear most and take it to the dealer.:ermm:
Edit: by the way it seems like it's idling like crap after I jetted it last if that helps any. Also I've never messed with the needle, I'm pretty sure the dealer put the DynoJet needle on when I got it jetted for the first time.

sd1
07-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by juice420
Lol, no I don't have any spare carbs layin around. Wish I did though. If I can't figure this out I'm gonna do what I fear most and take it to the dealer.:ermm:
Edit: by the way it seems like it's idling like crap after I jetted it last if that helps any. Also I've never messed with the needle, I'm pretty sure the dealer put the DynoJet needle on when I got it jetted for the first time.
Man, Juice the dealer might charge you 200.00 to fix that depending on the dealer...try this please...pick up a carb rebuild kit like this one carb (http://www.preferredpowersports2.com/CARB-REPAIR-KIT-KSF400-03-06-LTZ400-03-08_p_106237.html) and take off the carb and totally rebuild it...after you strip it clean of all the parts dip the main body into a carb cleaning solution along with the base....then dry it out with high pressure air to get all the passage ways clean...then measure and check everything as you assemble it back so you know its right, and also save yourself about 160.00...you shouldn't be having this big a problem imo....some part or washer may have gotten lost or plugged up...but with you running a 27.5 pilot and a 150 main and are near sea level it should be pretty close...

ebay also has some good kits for a decent price

juice420
07-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by sd1
Man, Juice the dealer might charge you 200.00 to fix that depending on the dealer...try this please...pick up a carb rebuild kit like this one carb (http://www.preferredpowersports2.com/CARB-REPAIR-KIT-KSF400-03-06-LTZ400-03-08_p_106237.html) and take off the carb and totally rebuild it...after you strip it clean of all the parts dip the main body into a carb cleaning solution along with the base....then dry it out with high pressure air to get all the passage ways clean...then measure and check everything as you assemble it back so you know its right, and also save yourself about 160.00...you shouldn't be having this big a problem imo....some part or washer may have gotten lost or plugged up...but with you running a 27.5 pilot and a 150 main and are near sea level it should be pretty close...

ebay also has some good kits for a decent price
I really appreciate your help dude. But I don't think i need a carb rebuild kit. This quad only has about 75-100 hours on it, if that. Like you said I should be very close and I am, it just needs to be tweaked a little to run perfect. I honestly think I need to mess with the needle jet because that's the only thing I haven't played with yet. Also, I'm not running a 27.5 pilot I'm running a 25 pilot. I've taken this carb apart about 6 times and all the insides are clean, no gunk or gum. I've never taken the carb completely off the bike, but I guess I'm gonna have to if I'm gonna mess with the needle jet.

sd1
07-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by juice420
I really appreciate your help dude. But I don't think i need a carb rebuild kit. This quad only has about 75-100 hours on it, if that. Like you said I should be very close and I am, it just needs to be tweaked a little to run perfect. I honestly think I need to mess with the needle jet because that's the only thing I haven't played with yet. Also, I'm not running a 27.5 pilot I'm running a 25 pilot. I've taken this carb apart about 6 times and all the insides are clean, no gunk or gum. I've never taken the carb completely off the bike, but I guess I'm gonna have to if I'm gonna mess with the needle jet.

hmmm, then the float level should not be an issue either unless you might have accidently bumped it during one of the times you had it apart..and they are fragile...when you pull the slide of the carb off make sure you dont loose the small O-ring washer on the top of the carb body..i've seen many people loose those including myself lol...well the save yourself 40.00 and adjust the needle jet and while its off just double check the float level and the mixture screw...good luck sir