View Full Version : Lesnar vs. Carwin

reptikes
07-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Who do you think will win! And be considered the #1 HeavyWieght in the world.

I'm taking Lesnar by TKO stoppage, 1:27 into the first round.

JJs450r
07-03-2010, 01:31 PM
carwin with a tko maybe ko with 145 left

SilverBomb
07-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Carwin Rd 1 KO baby!

ridered11
07-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I hope to God Lesnar get knocked TFO so he will finally shut up and show some respect...

Doak450r
07-03-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm hoping carwin by ko, but i think it's going to be lesnar by tko in the 2nd round. I think if it goes past the 2nd round both of these guys are going to be really gassed.

JJs450r
07-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Dude wth. That ref is gay

Doak450r
07-03-2010, 10:45 PM
yeah there was a lot of unanswered shots on lesnar but i really don't think he was as hurt as it might have looked. Every time carwin stopped lesnar was pushing him off with his legs.

JJs450r
07-04-2010, 07:59 AM
he curled up in a ball like a baby what more of answer couold there be lol

440racer66
07-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by JJs450r
Dude wth. That ref is gay

anyother ref would have stopped that fight. i was pissed

JJs450r
07-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Speaking of another ref what happened to big John. Haven't seen him in a while he was the best

mxduner
07-04-2010, 06:35 PM
sounded like a good fight but i missed it. can someone explain the ref call that others have mentioned?

JJs450r
07-04-2010, 10:54 PM
lesnar was gettin his head beat in curled up in a ball and the ref let it go

arTuReX
07-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Here's a Link of the fight if anyone is interested:
http://www.mmastreamingcage.com/2010/07/brock-lesnar-vs-shane-carwin-video-ufc.html

TRXRacer1
07-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I hate Lesnar but the ref did the right thing. He never went quite long enough without some efforts.

mxduner
07-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by arTuReX
Here's a Link of the fight if anyone is interested:
http://www.mmastreamingcage.com/2010/07/brock-lesnar-vs-shane-carwin-video-ufc.html thank you. tried u tube, but had no luck

arTuReX
07-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah Zuffa( owners of UFC) are pretty anal about people reproducing the fights!

JackA450r
07-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Lesnar was patient and smart about the fight. He has matured as a fighter and showed why he is number 1 and the champion. Carwin is a one round man. Lesnar knew that if Carwin got him down to just cover up and hold on to the fight cause he knew Carwin would gas himself and that exactly what happened. Congrats to Lesnar:macho

reptikes
07-05-2010, 11:31 PM
he curled up in a ball like a baby what more of answer couold there be lol

He was conscious and intelligently defending himself. He was blocking the majority of the shots thrown and was staying active (trying to push and swing back)--- the ref did his job right and didn't stop the fight prematurely.

CHAR250R
07-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by JackA450r
Lesnar was patient and smart about the fight. He has matured as a fighter and showed why he is number 1 and the champion. Carwin is a one round man. Lesnar knew that if Carwin got him down to just cover up and hold on to the fight cause he knew Carwin would gas himself and that exactly what happened. Congrats to Lesnar:macho

I agree.
Carwin needs better trainers.
It looked like all he knows how to do is punch.
I'm sure Lesnar's trainers knew that, and trained Lesnar for that.
A win is a win. :D

FHKracingZ
07-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Carwin needs better trainers? are you an idiot?

That fight should have been stopped 2 times in the first round. any other fight would have been stopped.

How can you say brock planned that? he planned to get rocked and stumble and fall? sounds like a real game plan. And covering up in the fettle position is not defending yourself. He didnt even try to grab a leg till the end of his beating.

arTuReX
07-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Actually Carwin has one of the Best Camp's in all MMA!

JJs450r
07-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ

That fight should have been stopped 2 times in the first round. any other fight would have been stopped.

How can you say brock planned that? he planned to get rocked and stumble and fall? sounds like a real game plan. And covering up in the fettle position is not defending yourself. He didnt even try to grab a leg till the end of his beating.

thank you ive seen fights stopped on less damage

07-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Either way, jjones likes it in the pooper.

Chino
07-07-2010, 05:43 AM

I think it being the Heavyweight Title fight had alot to him not wanting to stop it to early. The first fury of punches rocked Brock pretty good but when Carwin was on top of Lesnar, Lesnar had both of his forarms up covering his face and taking no damage, his forarms are the size of two logs he was not getting hurt. Lesnar proved he has what it takes and a versatile array of skills to be the Champ. Seeing two guys that size go at it was purely insane either way but it was a great fight, i'm actually glad I paid for this one.

I think the Chris Leban and Stephan Bonner fight was just as good as the main event, Chris Leban sure is fun to watch!

arTuReX
07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah the Leben/Akiyama fight is gonna be a runner up of fight of the year!

reptikes
07-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Chino
I think it being the Heavyweight Title fight had alot to him not wanting to stop it to early. The first fury of punches rocked Brock pretty good but when Carwin was on top of Lesnar, Lesnar had both of his forarms up covering his face and taking no damage, his forarms are the size of two logs he was not getting hurt. Lesnar proved he has what it takes and a versatile array of skills to be the Champ. Seeing two guys that size go at it was purely insane either way but it was a great fight, i'm actually glad I paid for this one.

I think the Chris Leban and Stephan Bonner fight was just as good as the main event, Chris Leban sure is fun to watch!

I was happy for both Leben and Bonner. Both are bangers and fun to watch win or lose. Bonner really needed that win.

Chino
07-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by reptikes
I was happy for both Leben and Bonner. Both are bangers and fun to watch win or lose. Bonner really needed that win.

Yeah if Bonner is fighting there is going to be blood!

CHAR250R
07-08-2010, 09:18 AM

For the record: I am not an idiot.
In the second round, Carwin attempted no submission holds. In the second round he had no energy to do anything. Looked to me all he tried to do was knock out Lesnar. When that game plan failed he was left with no game plan at all. The fight should have been stopped in the first round, I agree with that. Lesnar knew Carwin was looking for a knock out, and he waited for Carwin to run out of steam. as soon as Carwin was exhausted, that was the end. Carwin needs better trainers , or at least a different game plan. Carwin should have come out in the first round and went for a submission. That would have been a shock to Lesnar and his camp.

FHKracingZ
07-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Again making no sence. Why would you play to lesnars strengths. He is a world class wrestler. Carwin is also a good wrestler but his stand up is leaps and bounds ahead of Lesnars.

Lesnar did not wait for Carwin to run out of steam he just got lucky the fight didnt get stopped. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

arTuReX
07-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Well the fight was not stoped cause Carwin slowed down! and the referee is gonna give you a chance to defend yourself, and Lesnar did enough to make the referee see he was still in the fight! and Carwin just gassed out, he's never been in a second round!

JJs450r
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM
i think there is a difference between defending your self and curling up in ball like a little biatch :)

im sure there will be a part 2 look at the franky edagar and penn there is already a 2 coming up in a month or so

reptikes
07-08-2010, 11:28 PM
i think there is a difference between defending your self and curling up in ball like a little biatch :)

im sure there will be a part 2 look at the franky edagar and penn there is already a 2 coming up in a month or so

I think you need to rewatch the fight. If you curl up in a ball, THE FIGHT WILL GET STOPPED! He defended the majority of the shots thrown, and was pushing Carwin inbetween his flurries to stay active.
Lesnar knew what he had to do to survive the onslaught and to keep the fight from being stopped and did just that.
You don't like Lesnar thats fine... but if your a fan of MMA and know anything about fighting you would know he WAS defending hinself.

There WILL NOT be a part 2 right away. Cain had winners of that fight. Penn/Edgar was a close decision (point wise), and Penn had an off night.

Doak450r
07-09-2010, 12:49 AM
yeah no rematch for a little while. like stated cains getting the next shot, then the winner of dos santos and roy nelson is getting the next shot. Also i can see the edgar and penn fight having an instant rematch just like shogun and machida because the decisions were controversial, i personally thought penn won that fight but i think two of the judges gave every round to edgar which i do not get. There was no decision in the lesnar carwin fight, carwin was finished, so i think he should work his way back up.

JJs450r
07-09-2010, 04:35 AM
ive got it recorded and its a disappointment that it didnt get called in the first round even people watching it at the bar pulling for lesnar booed when his hand was raised lmaooo

hopefully nelson gets ko'd pretty hard i dis like him fo real

Chino
07-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Again making no sence. Why would you play to lesnars strengths. He is a world class wrestler. Carwin is also a good wrestler but his stand up is leaps and bounds ahead of Lesnars.

Lesnar did not wait for Carwin to run out of steam he just got lucky the fight didnt get stopped. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

whatever man, the fight should NOT have been stopped ever, there was no reason for it plus it was a championship fight. Carwin was not hurting Lesnar any when he was on top of him, he kept hitting him with less and less power.

If it was a real fight there would be no option for the fight to be stopped and Lesnar would of yet again kicked Carwin's @ss.

SilverBomb
07-09-2010, 10:29 AM
:)

fastredrider44
07-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Lesner at least showed some sportmanship this fight. Surprised no one has mentioned that yet. I wish they woulda just stood up and banged the whole time. I'm pretty sure it would've been a KO going either way. Both those guys are scary big and scary fast.

JJs450r
07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by SilverBomb
:)

man i couldnt find that pic lol niceee that looks like a curled up ball to me :)

JJs450r
07-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Lesner at least showed some sportmanship this fight. Surprised no one has mentioned that yet. I wish they woulda just stood up and banged the whole time. I'm pretty sure it would've been a KO going either way. Both those guys are scary big and scary fast.

i was glad to see he wasnt a DH surprised me a lot

Doak450r
07-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44

i really doubt lesnar would put carwin to sleep before he would get knocked out. lesnars standup is actually kind of pathetic.

reptikes
07-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Doak450r
i really doubt lesnar would put carwin to sleep before he would get knocked out. lesnars standup is actually kind of pathetic.

Its not pathetic... but definantly needs to train at it more. I think the fact the Carwin didn't have the power to knock out Lesnar will built confidence in Lesnar to want to stand more.

Doak450r
07-10-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't think he will stand more. i think as soon as he starts getting hit he is always going to look for the takedown, which is the smart thing to do of course because thats his strength. And i do think his standup is pretty bad along with his ground and pound short little hammer fist from a few inches away from opponents faces?? why not throw some real shots he has the power to actually knock people out.

reptikes
07-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Doak450r
I don't think he will stand more. i think as soon as he starts getting hit he is always going to look for the takedown, which is the smart thing to do of course because thats his strength. And i do think his standup is pretty bad along with his ground and pound short little hammer fist from a few inches away from opponents faces?? why not throw some real shots he has the power to actually knock people out.

He'll get there...give him time.