PDA

View Full Version : Loretta Lynns 96,97,98,99

mx8
07-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Just wanting to see if anyone raced there these years. I was watching a video from 1996, that someone was selling that year at loretta lynns. Anyone else have any good video from these years.

quadrcr161
07-03-2010, 10:26 AM
was there every year from 92 - 99 i think maybe 00. i miss the good ol days. what class were you in?

dehner47
07-03-2010, 10:50 AM
i used to race all those years. did all the nationals TT/MX starting in c class in 96 and working my way up yo A class and a few select pro-am races on a full Leger 250r. also did a few 4 stroke classes thrown in there on one of Lost Creek Cycles 250rx machines. deff miss the good old days of racing. when pros did it for fun and the love of the sport and there wasnt all this gay @$$ politic crap thrown in there. wish all you young bucks could go back in timeand racing then and see what racing the "national" was really like:D

quadrcr161
07-03-2010, 12:23 PM
agreed, i bet weve raced against each other at some point. in tt i ran from c, to b to open b, and mx i ran open c or b i think, its been a while.

edit: i see your from jersey, did you know a denny reinhimer and a chuck that rode together? they also drove the rig for pj and jamie chessen. we usually ended up parking next to them.

dehner47
07-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
agreed, i bet weve raced against each other at some point. in tt i ran from c, to b to open b, and mx i ran open c or b i think, its been a while.

edit: i see your from jersey, did you know a denny reinhimer and a chuck that rode together? they also drove the rig for pj and jamie chessen. we usually ended up parking next to them.

im sure we did race at some point. there deff was some good racin back then. nothing like today. especially in the pro class.

and heck ya i remember Denny. i use to run his "hammer motors" at local races in between nationals to save my "national" motors. i can honestly say, the fastest 250r i ever raced was at a TT in VA and i ran a "Hammer Motor" in practice while the motor builder was doin something with mine. damn that thing was a rocket ship. i still remember arguing with my father that i wanted to run the "hammer" instead of my sponser's motor. ended up blowing up the "sponsers" motor in the 1st lap of the A class final . i should of ran that "hammer" motor.

man, not to many people remember the Chessen brothers unless your from the old school. they had the best equipment and boy were they fast. i actually bought one of there Laegers practice bikes for a practice bike. but was not aloud to get my hands on one of the special Curtis Sparks built monsters. (built only for Shane Hitt, Justin Gandy, PJ + Jamie Chessen) :grr: you remember what those things sounded like. there was no sexier sound in the world the a "special" Sparks motor fine tuned and jetted by Curtis himself. was just an awesome sound..

quadrcr161
07-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
im sure we did race at some point. there deff was some good racin back then. nothing like today. especially in the pro class.

and heck ya i remember Denny. i use to run his "hammer motors" at local races in between nationals to save my "national" motors. i can honestly say, the fastest 250r i ever raced was at a TT in VA and i ran a "Hammer Motor" in practice while the motor builder was doin something with mine. damn that thing was a rocket ship. i still remember arguing with my father that i wanted to run the "hammer" instead of my sponser's motor. ended up blowing up the "sponsers" motor in the 1st lap of the A class final . i should of ran that "hammer" motor.

man, not to many people remember the Chessen brothers unless your from the old school. they had the best equipment and boy were they fast. i actually bought one of there Laegers practice bikes for a practice bike. but was not aloud to get my hands on one of the special Curtis Sparks built monsters. (built only for Shane Hitt, Justin Gandy, PJ + Jamie Chessen) :grr: you remember what those things sounded like. there was no sexier sound in the world the a "special" Sparks motor fine tuned and jetted by Curtis himself. was just an awesome sound..

yea i wish it could be like it use to, the pros actually enjoyed riding, and the racing was some of the best, you never knew who was going to pull it off. plus the sound, smell and all the 250rs out there was about the best as it could get

the chessens had the stuff, both could have been in the pro class with their skill and money. some how we always were parked next to them in their custom rig, that thing was sharp. i thought they were useing walsh stuff the last year or so. i know i went down and talked with mike walsh with keith little at lorettas because he wanted a walsh set up, and mr chessen got curtis to stop by and talk to my dad about doing a motor for us. i remember at the huntsville tn tt national, the 1/2 mile oval i was in jamies heat and damn there was no catching him in the b class esp on that big of a track. hell heather would pass me on the flattrack like i was sitting still and i would pass her back on the infield. our motor builder was there that weekend and all i could talk about was how slow our motors have been. my parents finally saw that we were underpowered. were you at danville va in like 96, or 97 runnign the b class? the heat i was in 2 guys got togeather off the start and flipped, broke one guys axle.

mx8
07-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I was in the 350 b four stroke class. I had a laeger 250rx. I ran all the motocross nationals. I always liked Loretta Lynns the best out of all the nationals. It seemed more like a vacation when we went there.

quadrcr161
07-04-2010, 11:26 AM
yea it was always a good vacation, i miss the tt and mx nationals together. racing from thursday to sunday. my parents has even taken the motorhome up on the sunday evening that the bikes finish up and stayed the whole week.