PDA

View Full Version : electronic cigarettes?

witech
07-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Anybody use them? My wife is addicted to cigs and I doubt she will ever stop. She is willing to try these. Any brand suggestion?
Are they cheaper than cigs?

07-02-2010, 11:21 AM
My parents each have one. I like them better because I don't have to deal with the nasty stench or the smoke. I don't know what brand they are though. :ermm:

07-02-2010, 01:14 PM
my gf's grandmother and mom both use one by the brand of crown 7 i believe. It has helped them with smoking alot but they both still smoke. But it is a step in the right direction that is for sure. They said they loose the craving as much. but still need that cig here and there. you cant quit cold turkey with one of those.

Although i did hear people getting some sort of acupuncture to stop smoking. and it works amazing

CJM
07-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Have your wife try chantix, my mom quit a month ago totally and hasnt smoked since then. She says it totally works, hell with my dad puffing like a chimney next to her she has no desire to smoke. She smoked for over 25 years too..

ZeroLogic
07-02-2010, 04:58 PM
My friends mom used chantix. It made her sleep walk and give her nightmares. One morning she woke up with a knife under her pillow. Best way to quit is cold turkey.

CJM
07-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
My friends mom used chantix. It made her sleep walk and give her nightmares. One morning she woke up with a knife under her pillow. Best way to quit is cold turkey.

it does that to some people apparently. hey, it worked ok for my mom.

dpizz450
07-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic

Yeh my cousin just used this to quit smoking. He smoked for like 7+ years. He quit no problem and doesn't crave it at all. But the chantix started giving him real bad mood swings so he stopped taking it. This was after about 2 months of using it. He still no longer craves them.

jtquad
07-02-2010, 07:07 PM
I used the ecig and after using it for about 2 months I dont even use that anymore. Smoke free after 12 years. I swear by them loved how it helped the craving and the habit. - JT

MX MaNiAc 06
07-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Been smoking for about 6 years and just quit for the ?? time. I got a can of longhorn and quit buying smokes. Every time i absolutely needed one id put a chew in. Last me about 3 cans of that garbage and ive been smoke free for over two weeks. Still a pissy SOB but it gets better every day.

witech
07-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Have your wife try chantix, my mom quit a month ago totally and hasnt smoked since then. She says it totally works, hell with my dad puffing like a chimney next to her she has no desire to smoke. She smoked for over 25 years too..

She just started chantix and maybe its me but I thinks she been smoking more the last couple days . They ran out of e cigs at the local tobbaco store and wont have any in for a few weeks. Im just looking for some good quality ones that dont have problems. Any suggestions of good brands will help .. Thanks for you input so far.

rbgnwa45
07-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Smoking for 4 years, I tried champix for 2 weeks. I had indescribable nightmares, over and over, all night, so I stopped taking them. Imagine cannibalism, being trapped, and bloody screaming. If I had a smoke on the pill than I got dizzy. I can feel the chemicals all up in my brain and it made me slightly neurologically "different".

dpizz450
07-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by witech
She just started chantix and maybe its me but I thinks she been smoking more the last couple days . They ran out of e cigs at the local tobbaco store and wont have any in for a few weeks. Im just looking for some good quality ones that dont have problems. Any suggestions of good brands will help .. Thanks for you input so far.

Your suppose to smoke on it for like the first week or two. They give you a guide to ween yourself off.

mxduner
07-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by dpizz450
Your suppose to smoke on it for like the first week or two. They give you a guide to ween yourself off. That sounds about right. 2 years almost to the day i tried that chantix chit and it all but made matters worse. I have not got to many freaky nightmares like others have, but my dreams are so vivid, that during the day i cannot remember if i dreamed something or if it actually happened or was said. So many times i tell someone something, and there like you already told me that. It can be embarassing. 2 years later i still have these f'ed up dreams and i only took that stuff for the first week.

This was taken to accommodate my employers new policy. I spent 170 bucks on that stuff, made me sleep extremely deep, right thru 2 alarm clocks, and in turn lost my job because of this. That place i was employed with for just under a decade. Not a good time to be losing a job, and my house is being lost to forclosure here soon.

anyways, i wish anybody that tries quiting or taking this stuff good luck. It has worked great for some friends of mine.

ps sorry for blowing up...

MX MaNiAc 06
07-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
That sounds about right. 2 years almost to the day i tried that chantix chit and it all but made matters worse. I have not got to many freaky nightmares like others have, but my dreams are so vivid, that during the day i cannot remember if i dreamed something or if it actually happened or was said. So many times i tell someone something, and there like you already told me that. It can be embarassing. 2 years later i still have these f'ed up dreams and i only took that stuff for the first week.

This was taken to accommodate my employers new policy. I spent 170 bucks on that stuff, made me sleep extremely deep, right thru 2 alarm clocks, and in turn lost my job because of this. That place i was employed with for just under a decade. Not a good time to be losing a job, and my house is being lost to forclosure here soon.

anyways, i wish anybody that tries quiting or taking this stuff good luck. It has worked great for some friends of mine.

ps sorry for blowing up...

That's awful man!

buck440
07-05-2010, 06:55 PM
man i'm glad i didn't want to be a "cool" kid and smoke lol. cigarettes that is.