PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Yfz450r ?

92 250x
07-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Well if some of you noticed i had a 250x but found the frame was bent and got tired of having pos quads! So as im parting whats good to make some money i got talking to myself and my grandma who actually is the only one in my family who supports what i love. RIDING!

So i met a guy at this shop in alliance ohio called action powersports that ive been wanting to go to, and walked in and got to talking to them as there a bunch of older mx races ect. Real nice people.

I started talking to mike the salesman about a 2009 yfz450r they had. I had a couple blasters and they were fun as hell but im not a 2 stroke fan that much.

So i checked it out and fell in love with the quad.

He told me i can get it 5500 cause they want to get a 2010 in the shop. And if i put no money down its 130 a month but i plan on putting 1500-2000 down.

Im just wondering how they perform? I rode a 400ex thats the biggest quad i rode but it was a ex mx quad,426,pipe all that ****.

Ive been wanting something nice and this sucker is amazing.

Anyone know of any problems with them? Before it even goes in the woods it will have all skidplates on bottom and rotor guard and hand guards.

Thanks!

pizmo 400ex
07-01-2010, 10:58 PM
I just got mine on tuesday. will be taking it out for the first time tomorrow, can't wait.i haven't heard about any problems or anything, but if you can get it for 5500 get it.

92 250x
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by pizmo 400ex
I just got mine on tuesday. will be taking it out for the first time tomorrow, can't wait.i haven't heard about any problems or anything, but if you can get it for 5500 get it.

Your the perfect person to ask!

Hows it feel size compared to your 400ex?

I also havent heard of any problems.

pizmo 400ex
07-05-2010, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by 92 250x
Your the perfect person to ask!

Hows it feel size compared to your 400ex?

I also havent heard of any problems.

ok, so compared to my 400ex it's alot faster, the handling is great. the suspension was a little stiff, still tweaking it a bit, but then again the sand was really torn up. it rides great. happy i got it, tried to jump on my 400ex and ride it, but just wasn't feeling it after i rode my yfz. even at stock form it was really powerful, took of the air box lid and removed the spark arrestor and i was keeping up or beating most of the other piped 450's.

XCRacer236
07-05-2010, 09:35 AM
I would go with a standard YFZ, BUT, if they are nice people and its only gonna cost you 5500 and 3500 on your loan, dude that is a STEAL. I would take it.

They do have some EFI bugs. and the front ends aren't the best for certain conditions in woods racing.

coryatver
07-05-2010, 10:25 AM
if you are a competitive racer there are some issues but nothing that can't be fixed it just cost some money. About $5,000 more to make it a high level xc bike. And like the guy said above the old yfz is so much easier and cheaper to set up. If you are not an experienced racer you won't be able to tell and your coming from a 250x so it will be an unbelievable improvement. Good luck!

92 250x
07-11-2010, 12:52 AM
I plan on doing mods one by one over winter ect. And my local shop pro quad performance will help hook me up and all that.

Waiting for a couple more paychecks and some 250x stuff to sell and till august 25th so i can sign and shes mine :)

monster400ex
07-13-2010, 08:25 AM
i went from a built 400ex to the 2010 yfz450x and man is it a bad *** bike stock and i got some stuff done to it it rides like a Cadillac and the smothest power band ive ever felt awsome bike wish i got the r but i settled for the bill balance special edition

Kovatch
08-03-2010, 07:19 PM
If you can snag a 450r for that price, you need to jump on it. I highly recommend the quad. Out of the box, I think it is amazing. I haven't ridden a KTM, but the 450r is set up better than the honda and the Suzuki, IMO.

I am a local racer in NE Ohio: I take it to Nationals and it does just fine. The only reason it doesn't go faster, is the rider's ability to hang on...=(

I have a pipe, intake, and the Power Commander 5 on mine and it has all the power you will need. With those mods, it can hit the uphill double at Malvern (if you have raced there recently).

It takes a few rides to get the suspension dialed in, but what quad wouldn't? I have my settings for local tracks, and nationals, and it feels very good for stock.

To sum it up, $130 isn't that much a month. Cut out a meal or two, going out to dinner once or twice, case of beer, and you have your $130.

GO FOR IT!!

89trx250r
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
^^ yfzr is rad and from a 250x with a bent frame.... lol idk if youll ever wanna get off it
:)