PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my 400.. PLEASE HELP!!

Ex_Rider43
02-02-2003, 06:28 PM
I went for my 1st ride outside tonight .its like -10 outside. in the first 5 minutes I heard a huge sound in the motor. it was like 2 pieces of metal rubbing together. what can it be?? I change the oil yesterday.

thats not all... after that it was running so-so. can it be my jetting?? Im running a complete exhaust, filter and a race cam with a 165 main, stock pilot and needle position in the stock position.

and thats not all!!! I rode it in 3rd gear in a oval track we made at mid-trotlle for 20 mins. when I got home , I touched the clutch cover and it was really hot!!! I think it was hotter than when I was riding it Wide open and for a long time.

guys I need help really fast cuz we have a ride on feb 12th.

NoWingNoPrayer
02-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Well when your riding in negative degree wether, your oil proll resembles jell when the engine is cold so it wont lubricate...hence the metal noise..

Your jetting is due to the fact that stock jets and air that cold your feul to air mixture is bad ..i think lean..

as for the clutch being hot after 20 minutes of riding.....
is it acctually like burning you skin hot or just like really warm?

NoWingNoPrayer
02-02-2003, 07:12 PM
i thought about the clutch!

Hmm since you said you werre riding in third gear on the track for about 20 minutes where you riding the clutch alot ? it might be just because you didnt have it fully engaged at times and caused it to slip and heat up... this happend to me when i made my cable to tight.

Ex_Rider43
02-02-2003, 07:34 PM
yeah my cable was too tight.

it is like burning but not too much.

when I reassemble my clutch cover last week I didnt change the gasket, I kept the old one and put ''gasket black'' all over the old one. this stuff is to make new gasket by simply spread it on a used gasket. can I had blocked a hole that makes the oil circulate in the motor?? I know that I didnt blocked the 2 lines from the tank and the rad.

Ex_Rider43
02-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Im gonna check it with my father tommarow. he said I might blocked a hole cuz he checked it last time and he said there was 2 holes used to flowed the oil in the motor. I dont know if hes talking about the lines.

Honda4ooEX
02-03-2003, 08:29 AM
take the line off that you thinked is blocked, from the end that transferes the oil, turn your kill switch to off, then hit start button and see if oil pukes out. This will tell you if the oil is getting throught. unless its the bigger line.

Ex_Rider43
02-03-2003, 01:02 PM
its not the 2 lines that we can see. the ones Im talking about is inside the case.