PDA

View Full Version : Check it out guys....

pdxbigfoot
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Trying to get some "unity" here in the Pacific Northwest.
Everyone feel free to join.....
Attention fellow 250R owner's!!!
PDXTRX is a database of HondaTRX/ATC 250R owner's, builder's, tuner's and rider's.
It is designed to unite fellow 250R rider's in a network of parts,tips,tricks and camaraderie.
With parts drying up for these awesome machines its up to us to keep them running strong and giving the 4 strokes a hard time.
Keeping the 250R alive here in the Pacific Northwest is our primary goal.
By creating a web of owners we will be able to keep the parts flowing and keep the bikes alive for another 20+ years.
There are no due's or websites to join, the only thing we ask of you is to have a love for our breed of quads and ATC's.
We will be organizing meets, swap meets, build nights and a yearly dune trip.

So if you own, ride or are just a fan of the Honda TRX250R feel free to join us on Facebook here....
http://www.facebook.com/pages/PDXTRX/131813700185621?ref=ts

Or email us at

pdxbigfoot@yahoo.com

We look forward to hearing from you and developing a group of like minded enthusiasts.

mxduner
07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
That's a real good idea, too bad i'm to far away for the meets, rides, etc.

And i don't have facebook lol. Yea i know, maybe i will make an account soon.

Pumashine
07-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
That's a real good idea, too bad i'm to far away for the meets, rides, etc.

And i don't have facebook lol. Yea i know, maybe i will make an account soon.

Same here, no face book but I got parts.
http://i50.tinypic.com/k9cc4o.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/33p7fwj.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2vskq2s.jpg

pdxbigfoot
07-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Your a givin. I already had you on the "list"

mcboomport
07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
My god thats awesome...

Pumashine
07-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
Your a givin. I already had you on the "list"

Thanks, Jason I'm sure one of those trannies was off your old motor. LOL! The side covers are there too all polished up.

And a choice of PT pipes. Which one do I use today?
http://i45.tinypic.com/2ebwazd.jpg
Stuff everywhere!
http://i48.tinypic.com/2whknt5.jpg

maryland450r
07-01-2010, 07:04 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!

jcs003
07-02-2010, 05:41 AM
damn puma shine. start building motors and selling them at a "recession" worthy price:D

cincy250R
07-02-2010, 06:31 AM
i'm not anywhere near you guys but i'll join for the cause haha

-Dave

troybilt
07-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by cincy250R
i'm not anywhere near you guys but i'll join for the cause haha

-Dave

dido!

Pumashine, you might end up on that show "Hoarders" with all of that... LOL! I wish I had a 1/100th of the spare parts you've got. that's awesome. You've got more inventory than Honda does.

Pumashine
07-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
dido!

Pumashine, you might end up on that show "Hoarders" with all of that... LOL! I wish I had a 1/100th of the spare parts you've got. that's awesome. You've got more inventory than Honda does.

A few years back when the crank went out I took the motor to the local shop. The mechanic said the crank was rebuildable but the tranny was worn and should be replaced. I had to buy all new main gears for $600. He told me the clutch pushrod was not long enough to let the clutch fully disengage. Ended up welding a washer to the lifter to get it right. I was out for 2 months and $1250 poorer.

The next bike I bought same sort of thing happened. Took the motor in for a new bore and ended spending $1200 on stuff I did not know could even happen. I said screw it and started tearing them apart myself when the sons tranny went out. I was not going to spend $600 on a tranny you could get on ebay for $75 -$175.

Broke my share of stuff with these big bores and bought complete bottom ends for $350. When you only use the tranny and the cases are broke from a thrown chain, what do you do with everything else? Lately I have been selling discontinued parts for 1/4 of the retail price. Many guys are happy to get some new life out of an old motor. Some people on ebay are now making money off of us poor souls trying to salvage our investments. I am not trying to make money. I will not sell on Ebay.

buford
07-02-2010, 08:29 AM
I would love to join your group. I don't have a face book account but just e-mailed you so I could get on the list to meet, ride, swap meet, etc. We need to rally together and get some parts made somehow. I am in the process right now of putting a motor together and am struggling getting some tranny parts to run my yukon gearset. Need the collar and washer for 88-89 model year 6th gear on the mainshaft. Honda just isn't going to make this stuff so we need to find someone who wants to. I wouldn't have any problem putting some cash in to get some of these parts made and then to make just enough money on them to keep peoples motors alive so they can be ridden for years to come. In my mind, all the profits could be used to keep making better parts.

Tony, you are a pack rat for sure but for all the right reasons there's no doubt about it. I thought I was bad but I don't have a 10th of the stuff you do!!!

Keep me posted on all this, I think it's great.

Latemodel32
07-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I just joined :D Sold all my R's but im always looking to buy/fix another one

jcs003
07-02-2010, 09:57 AM
just joined. im on the wrong coast and never seen a dune in my life but im always willing to support a fellow ATV rider.

troybilt
07-02-2010, 10:08 AM
I maybe slow but I've been on facebook for while but I don't have a clue how to join a group, I almost never check facebook. Can someone inlighten me?

pdxbigfoot
07-02-2010, 11:00 AM
You should be able to click the link on the 1st post of this thread. You might want to be logged in your facebook account 1st. The just click "like".
Good to have ya.

kookennay
07-02-2010, 11:48 AM
i dont have face book and live in tennessee but i interested too!

pdxbigfoot
07-02-2010, 12:44 PM
just shoot me an email at pdxbigfoot@yahoo.com and ill get you on the list.
I will send out updates about every 2 weeks or so.

redrider419
07-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Joined!
And Pumashine..i might be hitting you up for bottom end cases if i cant get my oil drain hole rethreaded for the 2nd time =(

Pumashine
07-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by redrider419
Joined!
And Pumashine..i might be hitting you up for bottom end cases if i cant get my oil drain hole rethreaded for the 2nd time =(

What method did you use for the drain plug. I have the time-sert inserts if you need one. Using epoxy helps seal the hole when repairing.

redrider419
07-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I just took it to a machine shop. I think i'll try the time-sert method though..sounds legit.

jcs003
07-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by redrider419
I just took it to a machine shop. I think i'll try the time-sert method though..sounds legit.

i am not fimiliar with time-sert but i know helicoils work great in aluminum. they suck in steel though. had them fail in tool steel molds.

leager-n-ky
07-03-2010, 07:32 AM
just joined, sorry about the 2 pic's, my wife loaded the wrong one first, tried to delete but didnt work.