PDA

View Full Version : Leaking injectors/ injector cleaner??

Hondamaster5505
07-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Just got my car on the road yesterday. I've been running it in the driveway for the past couple months, letting it idle and such and shutting it off. I would also turn the key foward without starting it sometimes.. I noticed there was a decent bit of fuel in the oil yesterday (which wasn't there when I bought it)

I'm pretty much guessing there's some gunk in the injectors (Car's been sitting since 2008) and making it leak slightly into the cylinders every time I shut it off.

Will fuel injector cleaner fix this? I'm going to pick up either Chevron Techron or STP super concentrated along with a quality oil later and do an oil change.

Hondamaster5505
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
anyone?

fastredrider44
07-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Don't turn the key on without starting it too much, and injector cleaner won't help.

07-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Don't turn the key on without starting it too much

Why is that? You prime the system its no big deal. I wont start my car without priming it twice just for security.

fastredrider44
07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Priming the pump over and over and over without starting it is hard on the pump. It has already built up plenty of pressure with the first priming, no need to try to add to it.

07-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Fresh rebuilds your supposed to keep priming to make sure you have oil everywhere and enough pressure. Ive seen what oil starvation does to things lol The head on my motor alone is over $1500, rather not take out a loan to rebuild my motor lol

fastredrider44
07-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Turning the key to let the vehicle prime itself is nothing more than fuel pump. Not oil pump.

07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Turning the key to let the vehicle prime itself is nothing more than fuel pump. Not oil pump.

some cars have electric oil pumps along with water pumps you do know that right?

Kickstarts-suck
07-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Dont turn the key on and not crank it..

No need to prime the fuel system just to sit.

Hondamaster5505
07-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
Dont turn the key on and not crank it..

No need to prime the fuel system just to sit.

The only reason I was doing that turn key thing sometimes, was to see how charged the battery was. (Lights on dash would be dim if the battery was low)

But anyway I changed the oil and oil filter, and the thing has GREAT oil pressure now. Runs like a champ. Now that I actually drive it when i start it, Im hoping it won't do the gas thing anymore.

I'm having a blast with this car. Been driving it all over.

07-01-2010, 06:56 PM
drive it to the track

Hondamaster5505
07-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
drive it to the track

Haha, this was my first real day driving it. I will eventually.

I'm not being an idiot, I'm not a big fan of going crazy on the streets, too many things can go wrong. But I mean whenever I make a turn I do little 1-3 gear takeoffs here and there.

I'm happy with it. It's nice, tight, and quiet for a daily driver with some balls behind it.