PDA

View Full Version : BCS Reinforcment kit

Quinn4
07-01-2010, 05:02 AM
I don't race my 08 DS450, but I do ride it hard on the trails with occasional jumps here and there.

My question is with all the talk of the week frames should I consider the kit from BCS?

I absolutly love this quad and have had no issues since doing the updates, but I don't have the cash to pony up for a new frame if I bust it.

Is the kit just for you guys hitting 70 ft triples or is it something the average joe should consider.
I weigh 250 lbs.

Thoughts??

blaster99
07-01-2010, 05:18 AM
You might want to get it. Even if you don't need it, its good insurance.

florentino
07-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Quinn4
I don't race my 08 DS450, but I do ride it hard on the trails with occasional jumps here and there.

My question is with all the talk of the week frames should I consider the kit from BCS?

I absolutly love this quad and have had no issues since doing the updates, but I don't have the cash to pony up for a new frame if I bust it.

Is the kit just for you guys hitting 70 ft triples or is it something the average joe should consider.
I weigh 250 lbs.

Thoughts??

for trails you realy have to protec to bottom skid plate with onother skid plate.

400exc
07-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I was wondering thesame question you are because i trail ride too. But like florentino said, I would get a new skit plate to replace the stock plastic one. I go the PRM one and it works very well.

florentino
07-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 400exc
I was wondering thesame question you are because i trail ride too. But like florentino said, I would get a new skit plate to replace the stock plastic one. I go the PRM one and it works very well.

or you can make one from 1/4 inch aluminum theres lots of holes in the can am skid plate thats what i did it will also help the frame some what.

Quinn4
07-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Thnaks for the info guys! I'll get one in a few weeks, in the mean time i'm running full pro armor skids front to back so that should protect me for the time being.