PDA

View Full Version : VERY noisy EX

mudchicken
06-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Anyone know if its normal for the front end of my 440's front end to sqeak REALLY loud? It has Roll Design A-arms on it that are heim joints upper and lower but damn this thing is loud. sounds crazy running through the woods.:confused:

CJM
06-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by mudchicken
Anyone know if its normal for the front end of my 440's front end to sqeak REALLY loud? It has Roll Design A-arms on it that are heim joints upper and lower but damn this thing is loud. sounds crazy running through the woods.:confused:

I found the bushings where the actual arms connect absolutely squeak like mad on my stock frontend.

I used some antisieze lube on them and it went away.

mudchicken
06-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I found the bushings where the actual arms connect absolutely squeak like mad on my stock frontend.

I used some antisieze lube on them and it went away.
Hmmm :confused: Im not sure if its these bushings or the heim joints. Im really thinking its the heim joints. When I was into rock crawling the heim joints made some noise but not like this. I guess it has to do with the dif in speed. Jeep was CRAZY slow and the quad is going at a good pace.

tri5ron
06-30-2010, 11:03 PM
spray a little WD-40, PB blaster, or similar, on the a-arm bushings and take a lap.
Then hit the heim joints and do it again.

If it still sounds like your stomping on a bunch of mice,... Spray some on the shock bushings, and take another lap.

You should be able to figure out where it's coming from.

On the wifes 250EX, the shock bushings make more noise than a freight train.

A little spray, and it goes away.

4reeds
07-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Dont use wd-40 it drys out rubber bushings. Try using alittle clear chain lube.

tri5ron
07-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by 4reeds
Dont use wd-40 it drys out rubber bushings. Try using alittle clear chain lube. Yeah, Your right.
The PB is probably not the best choice either due to the high solvent content.
The chain lube would be the better choice, especially if you removed the bushings first, and lightly coated them inside and out, before reinstalling them.
I stand corrected. :D