PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Kit, A arms and shocks

firefighterjosh
06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
My KFX400 is going to be turned into a field, dune cruiser, road type of ATV and I need advice on a lowering kit, a arms and shocks.

im looking to widen and lower the KFX400 for drag racing. It will still be taken down the occasional field and to the dunes for some racing, so it needs to still have a small bit of travel.

What do the lowering kits consist of? Just moving the shocks out and loweing the linkage of the rear? I could easily machine that.

What are some good light a arms out there? Is there some shocks that are smaller I could use?

Will Banshee shocks work? I can get them cheap lol

MIZZOUrider89
06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I made the mistake of buying the front lowering kit .It can easily be made. and yes all it does it push the shocks out to bring the front down more. I made the rear myself. All i did was use the stock bearings and just extended the shock mount end 1 1/4" and it put it just right.

sd1
06-30-2010, 05:35 PM
yeah a lot of good self made drag setups out there for the Z...just make sure its fully adjustable or removable for when you trail and dune ride.....I saw one guy who made 3 different shock mounts on his stock a-arms and could lower the shocks simply by moving the lower mount to a different hole.......

firefighterjosh
07-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by sd1
yeah a lot of good self made drag setups out there for the Z...just make sure its fully adjustable or removable for when you trail and dune ride.....I saw one guy who made 3 different shock mounts on his stock a-arms and could lower the shocks simply by moving the lower mount to a different hole.......

Thats a awesome idea!

Unless I can find a good deal im thinking of attempting to make my own lol

I need it to be wider so it isn't so dang tippy.

I need a extended swing arm too. Any ideas on how long is good? I was thinking of making one +8

The drag swing arms looking pretty simple.

sd1
07-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Thats a awesome idea!

Unless I can find a good deal im thinking of attempting to make my own lol

I need it to be wider so it isn't so dang tippy.

I need a extended swing arm too. Any ideas on how long is good? I was thinking of making one +8

The drag swing arms looking pretty simple.
not sure on the swingarm length....hopefully some one who drags a Z will hop on here soon...good luck