PDA

View Full Version : I Still Cant Understand! Please Help!

300ridr
06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Alright guys, im tryin to get my front on my bike to the same width as my durablue. the guy i bought it from claimed to have stock 400ex a arms on it, and i believe it because it has the relocater and things. BUT, with my 3 inch spacers, it only measures less than 47! thats around 3 inches wider than stock, correct? if it had 400 arms it should measure around 49 with the spacers, because 400 arms are around 1 inch per side, correct? So where did those 2 inches go? i think i might only have 300 arms, but the main problem with that is i just bought a 400ex tie rod and it fit perfect?!?!?! you guys are probably confused by now, but if you can make heads or tails of this please tell me what you think! or if you want me to explain it different:)

smr
06-30-2010, 11:23 AM
from what you said it sounds like you have 400ex a-arms. (the tie rods pretty much confirm that).

What kind of wheels do you have? Lots of poeple run a neg 1 wheel in the front. That still gives you the leverage and travel of the longer a-arms but narrows the front end back up. It's a much better setup than just widening the front end.

300ridr
06-30-2010, 06:13 PM
i thought theyre stock, but i was just thinking the same thing?!