PDA

View Full Version : A little muddy today.

luvmyex
02-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Well last week it snowed! and Wed,Thurs,and Fri this week it rained,But it was 62 degrees today and i wasnt about to sit at home and pass up a warm day to ride.They have clear cut alot of our trials and where they did this was juast a big mud field.And thats where the trails start at.So we were covered in the first 5mins of the ride.But it was really nasty today.Everywhere! I scraped alot of mud off at on break and even rode tru the lake once to clean some of it off,Also a creek we have to ride down about 200 yds.So it got kinda cleaned three times but still looked this bad.I had to hit the car wash on the way home.I usually wait till monday to wash it.Only cost $7 and 21 mins.And it still aint clean.

luvmyex
02-02-2003, 05:53 PM
It dont show it but i sorta trashed the car wash

QuadJunkies
02-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by luvmyex
Well last week it snowed! and Wed,Thurs,and Fri this week it rained,But it was 62 degrees today and i wasnt about to sit at home and pass up a warm day to ride.They have clear cut alot of our trials and where they did this was juast a big mud field.And thats where the trails start at.So we were covered in the first 5mins of the ride.But it was really nasty today.Everywhere! I scraped alot of mud off at on break and even rode tru the lake once to clean some of it off,Also a creek we have to ride down about 200 yds.So it got kinda cleaned three times but still looked this bad.I had to hit the car wash on the way home.I usually wait till monday to wash it.Only cost $7 and 21 mins.And it still aint clean. I remember the last time we went muddin, took 6 hours to wash all four quads...:( and they STILL werent all the way clean...:rolleyes:

lil400exman
02-03-2003, 08:53 PM
quads are dirt traps!:rolleyes:

newjacksm
02-07-2003, 08:27 AM
if you spray your quad down and everything with a hose could it mess up the engine? cuz i want to clean my motor and i was thinking of spraying it down with the hose.

DantheEXman
02-07-2003, 08:18 PM
:confused: ... No i think your engine can take a hose... I dont know if I understood the question correctly but yeah most peopel use a hose to wash there quads lol... If you were talkin about a pressure washer (High pressured hose) then yes they too are fine for the engine and get ALL of the grime off... but be carefull of one of these and using it on your plastic, or you have a high powered sticker remover... (Its pretty funny when ur friends are at your house using your pressure washer for their quads and all of a sudden you see the decals shoot 10 feet in the air... The looks on their faces are priceless.) lmao

newjacksm
02-07-2003, 08:42 PM
what i ment is will it screw up my motor because water will get in the motor? like in the case or in the carb or on my sparks

coryatver
02-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Yeah the motor would fine. The only way you could hurt it is if you filled up the airbox or sprayed right into the exhuast.

remlapr
02-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Tell me about that front storage container. I saw another 400ex on here with one. What exactly is it, and where did you get it? Looks like you are just holding it on with a couple of screw clamps? You got any good pics of it handy?

Doibugu2
02-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Tell me about that front storage container. I saw another 400ex on here with one. What exactly is it, and where did you get it? Looks like you are just holding it on with a couple of screw clamps? You got any good pics of it handy?

Those are just PVC pipe with screw plugs on the end. Several of the guys got them on here. I'm pretty sure they are just held on with hose clamps.

Sparks425Ex
02-12-2003, 09:35 AM
Wow You got one muddy Quad. I don;t know if I could let mine get like that . i would just cry.

KrazyKid300ex
02-12-2003, 02:57 PM
i could Justin. You should of seen mine at rausch one day. Holy cow! crazyquadman97's 300 also. alot of mud. on the heel guards the mud was about 3 inches thick

luvmyex
02-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Yup,just pvc pipe.I got the 4" pipe from a plumber for free(Just ask em they usually have scrap)then i went to home depot and bought the end cap and drain plug(Threaded end)It just held on with BIG zip ties.total cost was about $12.
Nacs here latley i dont have a choice its been raining or snowing all the time.Only way not to is to not ride at all.And i cant do that.I ride every weekend unless it just puoring rain like its supposed to do this weekend.Glad my motor is apart right now,looks like i picked a good time to do it.

QuadTrix6
02-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by newjacksm
if you spray your quad down and everything with a hose could it mess up the engine? cuz i want to clean my motor and i was thinking of spraying it down with the hose.

:huh come on greg :blah

remlapr
02-12-2003, 08:49 PM
Thanks - I never thought I would be going to the depot to buy stuff for my EX:p Wonder if I can get some custom black PVC:D :D

luvmyex
02-13-2003, 12:53 PM
First one i did i used 3" and found it to be too small.Bur i painted it black.I wouldnt advise it either.it scratches easy being in the front like that,and the white stands out like a sore thumb.Yellow isnt as bad, my friend painted his yellow and the white shows but nowhere near as bad.

luvmyex
02-20-2003, 07:42 PM
looks a little cleaner now. had to clean up the cylinder and head before putting it back togeather.And thought the head would be pretty easy to polish :huh Just may try that when i teat=rit back down to replace the head bolt that broke