PDA

View Full Version : 250R For Sale in SC

rigger
06-29-2010, 06:08 PM
I really hate to do this but I need the money more than the machine so I am putting my R up for sale. I would rather sell her as a complete machine but if it does not sell in the next month or two, I will start to part her out.

First of all, I am located in Charleston SC. If you were to want it shipped, as long as I get good funds and you cover all shipping charges, I will build a crate and ship it from my work.

Fully gusseted 1986 frame, also modified to run the 89’ swing arm/suspension set up on the rear. 89 swing arm and 89 linkage. Works front triple rate shocks and Works rear built and valved for recreational ride for someone around 160-200 pounds. RPM adjustable width axle. Lone Star Racing plus 2, plus 1 front end. (she sits at about 50” wide). All new ball joints, heim joints and cone spacers. New 6ply tires, 400EX front brake set up with SS lines. Full chassis skid plates, FMF pipe, 36mm Duncan Racing Carb w/twist throttle. New bars and grips. New air filter and brake pads. New chain and sprockets. Good seat and plastics with a big gas tank. All new gaskets and seals. Ported motor. Milled head for higher compression (195psi) need to run race gas in her. She uses the newer style long rod crank and piston from the 88-89 motors. Crank is fairly new and I just put new crank bearings in it while I had the motor apart.

I might have 2 hours of ride time on her, if that.

I built her from just a frame over about a year and half and she has pretty much not been ridden over the last year or so.

I know I am leaving a lot out so please feel free to ask questions and I will answer the best I can.

Sorry for the bad picture, it was taken with my phone. I will get more pictures to anyone that is really interested.

$2800 is what I would like to get for her.
And just to throw it out there, I have a 03 400EX with all the normal bolt on's for sale too.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/rigger4343/250R/250r.jpg

1promodfan
06-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Man I understand you've got to do whats best for you. I really hate to see you sell this after all the time you put into it. You literally built this from the ground up. Good luck on your sell........

rigger
06-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Yea, I know. Hate to sell her too. Started from a frame and a rear swing arm. One or two other parts and that was about it.

But hey, I can always build another one. I think I like tracking down the parts and building the machine more than riding it. I had a lot of fun doing it and I guess that is why I really don't want to part her out. I know she is not as perfect as a lot of the R's on here but she turned out pretty nice I think. She just needs to be ridden now instead of just sitting in the garage.

rigger
07-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Just a few more things I thought I would add here since I have gotten a few questions on them.

The rear shock is a fresh rebuild and is an 88-89 style rear shock so it matches the rear linkage and swing arm. It is not mismatched year parts on the rear.

I simplified the wiring harness. The lighting wire is still there in the harness so you could use it if you wanted to. All the other wires were removed and it uses a CR style kill switch button on the bars.

Rear carrier bearings are new.

Gearing is stock.

New intake boot and reeds.

rigger
07-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Drug them out of the garage this morning and washed the dust off of both of them for some pictures.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/rigger4343/250R/000_0007_0001.jpg
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/rigger4343/250R/000_0002_0001.jpg
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/rigger4343/250R/000_0003_0001.jpg
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/rigger4343/250R/000_0004_0001.jpg

bferg911
07-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Is this thing still for sale??

rigger
07-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Yes, she is still for sale. I am trying to hold off on parting her out but if it does not sell in the next few weeks, then I am going to think really hard about parting.

250Renvy
07-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Your price is too high. $2200-$2300 is a more realistic price.

You may want to reconsider parting it out because I think you will be disappointed by what it brings since you don't have any high dollar items on it. Plus it's a lot of work and you always end up with a bunch of parts that hang around and you have to give away to get rid of.

Plastics and frames are expensive to ship, so you are limited to your local area, unless you give them away.

I would keep it whole and try that way. Try ebay and see what it brings. That will give you a better idea. Do you have it on craigslist? Kijiji, atvtrader?

1promodfan
07-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Nothing personal to 250Renvy, but I think $2800 is a fair price considering it has a lot of new stuff on it. I wouldn't take less than $2500 if it was mine. I watched the thread where you built it. You should be able to get what you're asking......(or close to it).

rigger
07-27-2010, 05:46 PM
When I did not want to sell it, I had offers on it all the time. Everyone that saw it in my garage offered me money for it. Best offer I got for was $3800 and I thought the guy was BS'ing me but he was not. I had some other offers on it less than that, most of them were around 2500-3000. Now that I am looking to sell it, none of those people are around. Guess that's just how it always works.

From what I have seen, it is the only complete 250R for sale in SC right now. I have not found another one, on line at least, in the last couple of months. And I look pretty often. So I would think that may help keep the asking price up there a little since the market is not flooded with them.

She runs and rides great. I have only put a couple of hours on it since I put her together. The only glitch she has is I notice she can be a tad sticky to shift into 2nd sometimes. Other than that, she does not need a thing.

But is is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. Does not matter what I or anyone else thinks.