PDA

View Full Version : Carb leaks when gas is ON

Hondaman90
06-29-2010, 03:25 PM
The other day I went out and took a ride and before I took off I let the bike idle for a few minutes and I noticed a puddle of gas under the bike. It is dripping from the tube connecting to the carberatuer bowl. I took the carb off last night thinking that the float was sticking, but the float seems fine and is not sticking at all. Any ideas on why its leaking? thanks

v0lcom13sn0w
06-29-2010, 03:29 PM
yo theres a drain screw where that tube connects to the carb it is its a little brass screw try tightening it if its tight then take it out and replace the rubber o ring. i had the same thing happen to me and what i did for a temp fix until i got a new o right was just tie a knot in the rubber tube so it wouldnt leak out. good luck

another symptom of that is that the float in the carb might be out of adjustment. do a search and see what you have to do to adjust them.

Hondaman90
06-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks, I'll definitly give that a try

JOHNDOE83
06-29-2010, 03:55 PM
wait for it to leak, tap the float bowl with a screwdriver handle, smack it hard but not enuff to break it...lol.

if it stops? your needle and seet are getting stuck.

when it gets clogged it stops the float, causing the bowl to fill with gas and overflow out the drain tube.

Hondaman90
06-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Yea I think Im gunna replace the needle and seat. I dont get to ride as much as I'd like to and the bike is an 04' so it may not be sealing. The float may have a small tiny hole or crack but the needle and seat will get changed first. Thanks JOHNDOE83