PDA

View Full Version : 426 reliability

renegade_400ex
02-02-2003, 05:42 PM
anyone have any bad news about a JE 426? reliability issues?. if so how can i build it to make it stay reliable

renegade_400ex
02-02-2003, 06:34 PM
bump!
also what else do u recomend for the most power? i will prolly go with Ti springs and a heavy duty rod just because. whats a good cam that requires better springs and rockers? i want to have the best of everything for this quad

nacsEX
02-02-2003, 06:51 PM
i would get the je and hot cams stage 2 this to my knowledge is the best all around kit u can get for the 400 u keep the stock sleeve but since u are replacing the rod u might wanna look at a strocker kit huh

just an oppenion dont flame and stuff

Tommy 17
02-02-2003, 09:13 PM
i'd call up tc racing for a cam... tc cams are supposed to be one of the top on the market (if not the best) and i love mine... i have the mx grind but he also sales a gncc grind...

the 426 is only reliable as the builder and owner make it to be... if its put together right and takin care of right it will just as reliable as stock... i know people running a 426 motor for 2 years now and have had no problems with it... they ride they motors hard 2 not just puttin around trail riding... also ur upgrading other parts so it will be reliable if u put it together right...