PDA

View Full Version : Counter balance help....

dalejiw25
06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
'89 250r - Cracked 2 counterbalance bearing cases. The bearings appear to be good upon removal, So I'm thinking bad counter balance ???? Is there a way to tell if the counter balance shaft is bent or warped and does any one have the mic. specs. for the end of the shaft ??? All help is greatly appreciated. This is getting Irritating and expensive.. Thanks.

Pumashine
07-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by dalejiw25
'89 250r - Cracked 2 counterbalance bearing cases.

Are you sure the alingment marks are lined up on each of the 2 gears and the crankshaft? A tooth off on either gear can cause alot of excess vibration. I have an extra lightened rebuilt counterbalancer if you would like to try a different one. It has been lightened professionally with a new bearing installed. It can be used on a 350cc or smaller cylinder. I am now going over 400cc so I cannot use it anymore.

C-LEIGH RACING
07-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Are you talking about the bearing carrier on the flywheel side.
If so & your using the stock Honda carrier, they are prone for breaking the tabs off & you may need to go the aftermarket route to cure the problem.

It would take alot to bend that balancer shaft.
Neil

deathman53
07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
those honda ones crack easy, Get the hinson replacements(only standard is available now, not adjustable timing), also ESR sells them(standard only also).

Jason Hall
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I would look at the right side case where the outer bearing race fits Into the case. If the right side Is moving around because the case Is beat out, It could cause the problem you are having on the opposite side.

mxduner
07-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
those honda ones crack easy, Get the hinson replacements(only standard is available now, not adjustable timing), also ESR sells them(standard only also). rpm might still have them