PDA

View Full Version : kick start kit??????

cjmadison9
06-29-2010, 06:28 AM
ok guys, my battery took a crap at the track this weekend and i had to pop start it all day, well needless to say i love my quad but i wish thier was a backup to start it so i was wounderein on gettin a kick start conversion kit for it, i was hopin you's could help me out, id like it to still be able to use the elecrtric start and haqve kick start for a back up, i dont know if they make kits like that or if you can only use one or the other...if you's could let me know of brands or places to buy them id really apprietiate the help! thanks guys!

YOURADHERE
06-29-2010, 08:15 AM
No such thing unfortunately.

cataway
06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
i have often wondered why ???

consider the drz 400, it has a kick start and its all most the same
motor
I've never really studied it to close or how fesable it is, i do know the transmission housing is different yet many of the other parts are the same.

the short of it is get a new battery

YOURADHERE
06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
From what I understand that while they use mostly the same parts the LTZ cases are different to make room for the reverse gear. For this reason a DRZ motor cant be bolted into an LTZ frame. Or so I was told.

sd1
06-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by YOURADHERE
From what I understand that while they use mostly the same parts the LTZ cases are different to make room for the reverse gear. For this reason a DRZ motor cant be bolted into an LTZ frame. Or so I was told.

yup^^^^ what he said.. many motors can be made to fit the Z frame but of course requiring frame modding

cataway
06-29-2010, 04:01 PM
what way does a kick go on the drz ? it would have to go forward
like the honda does .
nope, sorry ,buy a battery

cjmadison9
06-29-2010, 09:59 PM
oh dont worry i gotta new battery, i just thought it be nice to have a backup incase it happens again! thanks thought guys i thought maybe somewhere out thier thier would be a kick start for a ltz/kfx 400 haha! oh well

z400mayhem
07-02-2010, 06:44 AM
You also cant use a DRZ engine, because its geared differently, its geared to pull a 200lb bike, not a 400lb bike.

yellowzo3
07-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Years ago this was a fairly popular question and a lot of people were interested in switching to kick start.

The frame is directly in the way of where the kicker would go. Changing it all around would be a giant pain and not worth it. Once people found out the frame was in the way they basically ditched the idea and that was that. Not many people went as far as to research if the cases would work and all that as there was no need to. Finding out the frame was in the way was enough for everyone to quickly scratch the whole plan of converting it.

Would have been cool to have a kicker though!