PDA

View Full Version : good for them bad for me

pope59
06-29-2010, 05:29 AM
here is my bikes set up CT 330pv ported by Dennis Packard 41.3 Packard lectron that i can not get to run rite so a 39pkw is on till i can have Packard tune it any way vforce 3 reeds big bore intake cr250 ignition trx 11 center mount pipe and a trx 9 pipe cool head with 22cc domes 13-41 gearing and skat tracks haulers other stuff like a arms 2+1 and +2 Axel etc

so three of my buddy's that ride the dunes with are getting 4mm cubs built by K&T not that there banshees are not close to stock already K&T had built them all the same dune port like the cubs cylinders, 35mm carbs with power jets, intakes, v force reeds, one has a boost bottle the other 2 dont, cool head with 19cc domes 2 have t5 the other has sb CPI in frames & k&Ns
the one with cpi about the same weight 280lbs and i can pull him some times up hills but some times he gets me but its the other two get me all the time there 200lbs soaking wet and they get me by 3-5bike lanks at the top of sand mountain UT and there all pissed my trx 330pv can hang with there banshees so the one with the cpi's got a good deal on banshee hq and bought a 4mm cub with a 2-5 over ride 38mm carbs ect

went out to the dunes to test my buddy's cub out at the dunes and wow that's all i have to say he would give us the other 2 shees and my trx a half hill start and in no time here he is out of no were kicking are butts all day long same thing all day so to summit all up the other two are now getting 4mm cubs and i guess im out of the pack by a long shot i have talked to Kim at K&T and asked what i could do to hang with there soon to be cubs and he flat out told me if i want to beetm buy a banshee even talked about having him build a puma but for the 3,000 he wants i will have to pass at that and eat sand from now on i just dont know what i can do now to get more out of my trx its on its last bore from what CT said but Kim said i could do a 78mm piston from esr in it and it would work or should i just fork out the cash and have it resleeve and reported by K&t they say they can get some more out of it but i just dont know what to do is a 330 running a 78mm piston a bad idea

and yes i know spelling sucks its early 5 in the morning so be kind please and thanks guys

1promodfan
06-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Well if they have 4mils built by K&T I really don't see your 330cc beating them. I mean, I love our 250R's but a built Banshee will haul b@ll$. I'm not saying it can't be done, but you're gonna need a lot of motor to even think about running with a 4mil Cub. I agree with Kim, if you want to beat them buy a Banshee. Just my 2cents...........

derby
06-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Well if they have 4mils built by K&T I really don't see your 330cc beating them. I mean, I love our 250R's but a built Banshee will haul b@ll$. I'm not saying it can't be done, but you're gonna need a lot of motor to even think about running with a 4mil Cub. I agree with Kim, if you want to beat them buy a Banshee. Just my 2cents...........

You have to draw a line and say do I drag race or do I dune ride? Those cubs probably are not the most dune friendly when it comes to jumping or just tearing it up racing across the dunes. If your #1 concern is drag I would say get a yamaha.

atvmxr
06-29-2010, 09:29 AM
what derby said

I've been on some fast drag quads, but Im not the least bit interested in owning one. All they do is leave camp straight out for the drag strip, hang out at the strip, and then come back.

I much prefer actually riding around the dunes, jumping, etc. versus drag.

you could switch to alcohol fuel for added power?

C-LEIGH RACING
06-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by atvmxr
what derby said

I've been on some fast drag quads, but Im not the least bit interested in owning one. All they do is leave camp straight out for the drag strip, hang out at the strip, and then come back.

I much prefer actually riding around the dunes, jumping, etc. versus drag.

you could switch to alcohol fuel for added power?

See here, there you go.
That 250R will do more than those banshees ever heard of. Whole time your out enjoying riding around they are stuck over at the drag strip cause thats all a banshees good for.

In all my years dealing with ATVs, I aint seen but a handfull could even atempt to handle a banshee if it was doing anything other than straight line racing.

I had a banshee one time, modded to the hilt & had two good times on it.
Once when I bought it & I thought I needed it & next time was when I sold it.
Neil

pope59
06-29-2010, 11:36 AM
i just think its funny that one of them got a 4mm cub and now they all have to have one. it would be nice if Mommy and daddy paid for every thing for me too

86 Quad R
06-29-2010, 12:09 PM
yaaaaa! you need to determine what type riding you enjoy the most and it should be a no brainer from that point on. regardless!

mcboomport
06-29-2010, 01:20 PM
dont worry about whos faster, unless you have a straight up drag bike. From your explained setup, your bike seems setup for handling more than drag.
You should take those guys on tight trails and race them, guarantee they wont hang. I have a buddy I was riding with this weekend that builds turbos for 700 raptors. 3,500 bucks for 100 horse on a stock engine and reliable as hell. He was smoking built to the max banshees all day. Its impossible to have a bike that will do the best of everything, so get the people to race your kind of race....

CorvetteZ06
06-29-2010, 02:04 PM
take them on some jumps and turns:D

hondamancbr03
06-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Banshee's are selling for cheap right now....Buy one and take your time and shop for a Cub top end, own the best of both worlds.
I ride my 250R 98% of the time because of the feel and the handling...I knock off the dust every once in a while and ride the banshee when it's called for.

Being i own both bikes i can tell you that my banshee is like riding a 76 Cadi (soft and sloppy) in the sand compared to my 250R

slamdak8782
06-29-2010, 03:35 PM
nitrous??

derby
06-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by slamdak8782
nitrous??

CRANK BEARINGS???

ballzdeep38
06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
NITROUS CONTROLLER????

pope59
06-29-2010, 10:08 PM
there are a lot of cheep banshees here in Utah they go from 1600 to 4900 for built cubs but right now money is to tight to redo a banshee right now

hondamancbr03
06-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by pope59
there are a lot of cheep banshees here in Utah they go from 1600 to 4900 for built cubs but right now money is to tight to redo a banshee right now

Understood.....You could save and buy the $1600 cheap banshee and make it a sleeper. You can find used cub cylinders in great shape for around $500 to $600, paint the cylinders stock black and go for speed and forget the looks:)

sangheraent
06-29-2010, 11:35 PM
i have both bikes and my banshee will eat my 250r alive in 3rd gear however I love them equally.

the 250r is a diffrent machine it handles like a dream and is great for overall riding its 100x better on jumps and trails doing fast whips and stuff.

the banshee is a 4mill stroker agressive port big carbs blah blah. anyway I find the power almost unmanagable on tight trails.

honestly there a diffrent type of fun, banshee is better in long hill climbs or smooth areas where you can go full out alot. 250r is king at a place that has trails lots of turns and up and down.

best thing to do is ride your way take them in your terrain go off a jump see what they have to say do some tight whips on the face of a dune or fly around in some trails. those cubs are great but they will limit what they can do on the dunes. let them do what they want but they wont be able to do what you can even with 100hp.