PDA

View Full Version : Front brakes wont prime....

Mxbubs
02-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Okay guys, I got my 250r calipers on my bike now, I have dual lines going all the way down to each caliper....I have tried pumping them up to build up pressure, with the bleeders closed, and then opening the bleeders for a moment to bleed off air....I got them to where no more air is coming out, but I can pump and pump forever and there is no fluid movement in my rezzy.....I can open the bleeders and get just a small amount of fluid to come out, but the amount just stays the same.....its like there is no pressure...

I bought the calipers off ebay, so I dont know if they are shot...but even if they are shot and froze up, I should be able to build up pressure right??

Any suggestions at this point will help...

Thanks, Mxbubs.

Quadfather
02-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Are you holding the brake lever in when you open the bleeder screw?

Mxbubs
02-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Yes, and the bleeder screw is not plugged up....

Im to the point Ill pay for help....:D

Quadfather
02-02-2003, 06:19 PM
I just redid my front lines with the twin lines. I bought one of those Mity Mite brake bleeder vacuum pumps. It took about three minutes a side.

wheeltrax
02-02-2003, 07:24 PM
I know on my friends shee it took about 2 hours of pumping to get the brakes to do something..buy the vaccum thing, it works a **** of a lot better and its not that expensive.. well worth it!

killed300ex
02-03-2003, 05:49 PM
open up the bleeder screw on each side go get a beer and let it sit with the screws open while you drink your beer and just make sure the rezy dont run out of brake fluid after maybe 1/2 hour they should have gravity bled a little bit. It tokk my a lil while to get mine started on my 300 when i bled them to. I let it sit then they bled really easy. Try that if not you can vacum bleed it hick style lol. Take a clear hose that fits on the end of the bleeder and use what god gave you lol make sure the tube is long enough so you can see the brake fluid coming and suck on the end of the tube. LOL it works but definitly dont want to get any in your mouth lol.
killed