PDA

View Full Version : Z400 Carb Problems

sweendog27
06-28-2010, 09:27 AM
So I have a problem with my 05 Z400 idle. I hit the gas and it takes too long for the rpm's to come back down. It almost seems like the throttle isn't coming back down quick enough to lower the rpm's. I have cleaned the carb adjusted the fuel/air adjustment and cant figure it out. I think it may be the throttle cable, but I am not sure. If anybody has any ideas or has had this problem I could use your help thanx.

brian 68
06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
your float could be sticking, or set to high. it may just need cleaned. have you changed any jets? if the pilot jet is to big it will act that way. have you adjusted the air screw? also try spraying wd 40 around the intake, it could be cracked.

sweendog27
06-28-2010, 04:53 PM
I have a throttle cable on order, but I will look at the intake. That could be it too. I cleaned the carb, but I was thinking maybe the jets could be different. The quad was all stock when i got it, but the guy had a moose racing air filter in it. Still has stock exhaust. After I get the throttle cable on ill post something if it fixes the problem or not. It seems like it is running real lean so thats why adjusted the air/fuel screw on the carb but it didnt make a difference.... The throttle doesnt sond right when u press it makes a noise like the cable is frayed in the housing so thats why i figured the cable needs changed. Thanks for the ideas man!