PDA

View Full Version : No Power off the line

micbarringer
06-28-2010, 08:29 AM
I have a 2007 DRX50 air cooled and has nothing done. Off the line my daughter's quad just boggs out and has very little power then about after 10 foot it kicks in and runs great til she slows to an idle then it does it all over again. I am ordering new cluch springs, rollers and torque spring kit today. Do u think that would do it or should i start somewhere else. Thanks for any answers

nordic quad
06-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I would start with the clutchwork,but if your new parts are not the same as used before start by replacing the torque spring and go from there,and while waiting for the parts give your carb a good clean up,that is what i would do.
Stein A

fomospede
06-28-2010, 11:01 AM
as always check the compression to rule out that, but i think u r on the right track with the clutch rebuild

micbarringer
06-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah it has compression i order the springs and will have them thursday and do it this weekend. It is also making a crazy noise like a bearing not lubed when i electric start it and when i kick start it. It wont electric start but i am pulling that out anyway. any ideals

mydirtkids
06-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Rollers...
Check the condition of the variator ramps when you are checking them out.. Sounds typical of flattened or damaged/worn rollers. Spring will do that too, but if you never changed them.. Rollers.

Try getting the bike up to speed and RPM. Let off the gas then back wide open. Does it bogg then too? Then more likely spring. Cost u nothing to check the rollers and variator:D

micbarringer
07-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Well changed all the springs took off good then put a new carb and intake on and now it runs really good.

mydirtkids
07-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Are you doing any racing with the bike?

micbarringer
07-06-2010, 08:18 AM
yeah a little my daughter is 4 and she is racing one this weekend. Why you ask

mydirtkids
07-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Our springs would start to give in after a few laps due to heat. Had the clutch set pretty high, and the cover would get too hot to touch! Finally drilled the CVT cover and makes the world of difference. No more spring trouble due to heat:) . Lots of on and off the gas really starts to build up heat. Not so bad for trail riding but MX is a bigger issue. Lots of posts on here with mods done. Really pretty simple, we just purchased an outerwear from G-Force and I drilled the holes. So far so good!

micbarringer
07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
where did u drill just random places or is there places in the case u want to drill at