PDA

View Full Version : best clutch springs

fomospede
06-27-2010, 03:34 PM
who makes the best clutch springs? i had a set of s6 orange they fatigued with maybe 45minutes on them although they had to be strechted to the max to yeild a stall that would work.It started acting up again and it is obvious that the spring are strechted about .025 longer than new! for now i ordered a set of reds to try, but your input has got me thru many problems

marsrace2
06-27-2010, 07:13 PM
the stage 6 reds should last you all season

bignasty
06-27-2010, 07:20 PM
I like the Malossi delta kit. They come with three sets of different strengths. They will work with the stage 6 clutch or the koso.:) :)

EthansDad
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
word has it there is a secret set of "purple" springs that makes all your stall problems go away forever. All you have to do is sing the "I love you, you love me" song to your dealer and he will sell you some.

don't tell anyone.
:devil:

marsrace2
06-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by EthansDad
word has it there is a secret set of "purple" springs that makes all your stall problems go away forever. All you have to do is sing the "I love you, you love me" song to your dealer and he will sell you some.

don't tell anyone.
:devil:

I guess they arent a secret any more!!

Coley'sdad#8
06-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Fomo, I read your other post about the clutch problems than this post about the springs stretching or fatiguing. again check the material thickness on your shoes, if it is worn out the spring will have to travel farther to get the shoe to hit the bell thus stretch which would be amplified by a slipping shoe building up more heat. I have run both these clutches for a year and never replaced the springs yet.